Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1992 Close AM - 1992 D Close AM

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 597Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  09:48 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Msaintiger to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm curious to know if there's only one example of the 19921992D or if there's more than one? As in are there some who's AM will be closer than others? I hope that makes sense. Or are all the same as in how close the A is to the M? Are some touching and some really close? I read that it could be touching or really close. One article said you could fit a sheet of paper in between the AM.. Thanks and apologies for my greenlyness

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47509 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you have one,please post good photos.You posted in the wrong section,I PMed the mods.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
08/16/2022 12:49 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17110 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The AM don't have to be touching to be a CAM.
There are more than one marker to tell the difference, please
post a photo of yours and it will be easy to tell what you have
Learn More...
United States
118621 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You posted in the wrong section,I PMed the mods.
Topic has been relocated.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you just asking a general question or do you have a coin that you believe is a CAM? If so please post a pic.

KK
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Msaintiger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry about posting in the wrong forum. Thanks for letting me know and thanks again for all the replies. I will post a picture asap and remember to do so in the future on initial submission.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60444 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Compare with the 1992 and 1993 cent reverses.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
08/17/2022 8:22 pm
Valued Member
United States
476 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe there are approx 20 and another 75 of the denver in PCGS so they are not going to be something you come across easily. They all will look the same https://www.PCGS.com/news/1992-clos...incoln-cents
Edited by datadragon
08/18/2022 12:26 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3779 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

Only two reverse designs were used. The Wide A M and the Close A M, so it's one or the other. There are no dies with anything in between the two positions.

I think that was what you were asking!
ANA ID: 3203813 - CONECA ID: N-5637

Clothes Dryers are the Coin's natural enemy. NEVER store your coin collection in a dryer. This has been a Yokozuna Public Service Announcement. dryer coin
Valued Member
United States
52 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kook_ds to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great info on this subject. Thank you.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47509 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  03:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There are no dies with anything in between the two positions.

There will be different stages of those dies though.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  05:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Msaintiger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
476 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  06:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Look at the actual letters A and M which are spaced apart, not close together like the Close AM.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17110 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  06:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a WAM.
In the future please show a complete photo of the whole coin.
Sometimes this is necessary in making an indentification.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 597Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: