Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Australia 1927 Florin For Grading

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 361Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25305 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  2:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What would you grade this coin?

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20079 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Side levers in front of the King's ears show a small amount of wear on the high points.

In terms of wear, this is the most exposed area on the obverse.
The three steps on the direct opposite side of the coin are in a depressed area, which explains why three steps fully struck up examples are so scarce, irrespective of the the condition of the coin.

This example
goof EF.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
USA Grading AU-58

KK
Valued Member
United Kingdom
212 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  06:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The '27 is one of those coins where you can ask ten people and you'll get 15 different answers - everyone seems to look for different things to grade them (even ignoring the steps).
The toning with the light angle makes it hard to see how much fine detail is there on the obverse so it's hard to give a fair assessment of that.
From what I can see, the closest one I have to this I graded as G/nEF
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20079 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you want a Sheldon grading,
AU-55 would be about the nearest equivalent..
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United Kingdom
1144 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  06:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks AU53 to me, unsure if the obverse is a weak strike.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2022  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow...guess I was the high grader on the American scale (AU-58)...maybe I went too easy on the obverse.

KK
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
4394 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2022  06:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
aEF - Scallop above frame has light wear. Steps are nearly Invisible. 2nd set of pearls are barely visible, 3rd set merged. Very nice tone on your coin.

Almost but not quite EF.

I love COINS!!!
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 361Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: