Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

$50 Confederate Bill - Grade Request

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 385Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3259 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  5:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mdpmedia to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71863 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You'll get more replies if you show your images right-side up.
Edited by Coinfrog
08/16/2022 6:03 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3259 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdpmedia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Because this is the first confederate bill I've attempted to grade I would like some idea of how these notes are different with respect to the traditional grading process used on more modern currencies.

I heard that it is better for these types of bills to feel softer rather than crispy. This one feels softer with the texture of almost and extremely thin piece of notebook paper. I'd like to know what the general consensus is out there regarding this. It would also be nice to have a website with pictures that address these types of bills and their grade states.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3259 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdpmedia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For those of you that have broken your neck trying to grade these, I have done a 90 on them: all for the pursuit of a totally objective grade without any distractions.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3819 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Grading paper money solely from images is a real challenge. I would ballpark the grade somewhere around Fine-Very Fine.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71863 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Judging from the reverse, I'd say mid-Fine.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8087 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How do the experts here even know it's authentic?
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3819 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How do the experts here even know it's authentic?

I always start here - http://www.crutchwilliams.com/BogusCSA_RoTx.html
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3259 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  08:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdpmedia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
.No Collector Value. These items have all been produced since the turn of the century.

Well, the above statement comes from the website and it appears that the serial number for this bill does not appear on the list which is good.

This is a very informative site and I wonder if the TPG's also use it? I'm still curious about the printed items and the texture of this type of paper insofar as how it ages over time etc. Confederate notes' texture seem to be generally somewhat different compared to other bills etc.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 385Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: