Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1983 P Half Dollar No FG?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 279Next Topic  
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  10:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add legacyofcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
First I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me clarify, identify and educate me on errors and varieties. It has helped tremendously.

I'm coin roll hunting as I type this a full $500 box of half dollars from a local bank. From Garda delivery or whoever they get. No silver yet and 75% done. However 100+ almost BU 1976 p & d halves. Not sure why. But a few with varieties/errors like missing lettering most likely from grease on the die.

To the point. I have a new scope I'm using tonight, still tweaking it. First 2 pictures are with my cell, last 2 are with the scope. With the naked eye I can see a slight different where FG normally is, like a grease strike through discoloration. However as the pictures show, no actual FG.

Just looking to get some thoughts on this, I imagine it's not worth a great deal due to the condition and being circulated?

Valued Member
United States
386 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  12:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
missing fg design initials on back for 83-p, circulated value 5-8, uncirculated 15-25. Note that very high grade examples can sell for more. look at area between eagles left leg and tail features on reverse. look for fg missing where it is normally located.
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add legacyofcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup the pictures show the location area. No FG. I'll have to look through my collection of uncirculated halves for no FG
Valued Member
United States
386 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1972D NO FG, 1973D NO F, 1977D NO F, 1982P NO FG, 1983P NO FG.

1971D_1977D Minted on silver blank by mistake 11.5g for silver, 11.34g for non silver

1964 90% silver, 1965-1970 40% silver
1976 S 90% silver put into special sets but might possibly show up in change weight will be 11.5g

1974D DDO Doubling on letters RUS, same for:
1971D DDO
1972 DDO
1973 D DDO
1973D DDO

Might be some others in a book like strike it rich with pocket change 5th edition, this list is partial from my personal list.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3229 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DATA: your list is far to be complete.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10952 Posts
Valued Member
United States
386 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2022  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Silviosi: DATA: your list is far to be complete.

Yes, this list is only partial (a few) from my personal list (as mentioned in my post) to help find the ones hes looking for (No FG types on other dates),, plus some silver to start. I dont think every searcher is advanced or wants to immediately try to learn and search for every single variety. On some coins these take lots of time and may not even have much value after all the effort. There are plenty of other resources including free ones like https://www.doubleddie.com/919455.html and the strike it rich book I already mentioned which has others and that can point out what to look for and values for some others as just a few more examples.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 279Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: