Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Here Is A Wowie! Complete Classic Proof Set For Sale.

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,651Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73506 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2022  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Boy oh boy oh boy!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3907 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2022  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Holy cow! I wasn't expecting all of the gold proofs as well. Wow.

Anyone feeling brave and putting in a bid at say, $250k, just for kicks knowing you won't win?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17752 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2022  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I had the mad money to buy that set I would toss the Spink's case, crack them all out and return them to the original holder .
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
9087 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW!

It just sold for $560,000 or $672,000 with the juice - sel_69l I guess they had the aggressive marketing, or just prices these days are really high, on really original coins.

"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, Early American Coppers Member (EAC) #6202, Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), Conder Token Collector Club (CTCC), Civil Wat Token Society (CWTS), & Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS) Member in good standing, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Valued Member
United States
52 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Windmiller to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful
Pillar of the Community
United States
2450 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's crazy! I wonder when this set will come to market again. Maybe not for another generation!
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20370 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The PF-64 to 66 grades held the set back somewhat.
American collectors would have jumped over themselves to get at it, if they had all been in absolute pristine FDC (Fleur De Coin) condition.

Still, in the current inflation financial climate $560k, with fees and taxes on top of that, is OK.
Learn More...
United States
118429 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It just sold for $560,000 or $672,000 with the juice
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,651Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: