Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2500 Post Contest - Start Your Engines!

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,656Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
2443 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2022  11:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just noticed I never provided my criteria for "third place" driver determination. That will be the semi-final round loser with lowest E.T.

Qualifying ends tomorrow evening. After that, I expect to see the guesses start pouring in. Looking forward to the big race on Sunday!
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Pillar of the Community
United States
2443 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@SpeedDemonND, guesses received and recorded. Good luck!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2443 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With 30 minutes left to enter, we have a grand total of three entries! So, not bad odds of winning big classic silver. Good luck to you all.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2443 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  12:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Entries are now closed. Winners announced when the race is concluded.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10281 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
With 30 minutes left to enter, we have a grand total of three entries! So, not bad odds of winning big classic silver. Good luck to you all.

Well, that's a drag
I made a Thank you "Christmas Tree" for the event.
Good luck!

My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
2443 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the ChristmasTree, TNG.

Results are in:
Winner is TNG who picked two third place winners (Matt Hagan and Troy Coughlin). bill069 and Speed DemonND tied with zero points in the driver picks. SpeedDemonND wins second place in the tie breaker with a speed difference in the three rounds of 79.62 mpg while bill069 had a speed difference of 100.62.

I have addresses for bill069 and SpeedDemonND. TNG, please forward your mailing address and choice of the two dollars.

Thanks to the three of you for making the effort!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10281 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wooooo Hooooo and Yeeeee Hawwww!

Thank you, I'm choosing the Peace dollar!
( I just found the races on Dish TV which I only switched over to less than a week ago from Direct and am recording it. )
PM sent.
My favorite album!
Valued Member
United States
356 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  12:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much for the contest!
Pillar of the Community
United States
581 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bill069 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bump111,
Thanks for the game. It was fun to look into the stats of the drivers and racing records to make my guess.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2443 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Speed and Bill, thanks for playing. Glad you enjoyed it.

Prizes are in the mail as of this afternoon.

Cheers!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10281 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1923 Peace dollar has arrived and looks better than the images in my opinion. What a great prize! Thank you!
My favorite album!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2443 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad it arrived safely. One is routing through Charleston SC and I hope it didn't get too wet!

Prayers for all our CCF friends struggling with Ian this week. I'm in the Smokies visiting my mother in law and we are seeing 20 mph winds and steady rain all day.
Valued Member
United States
356 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received the Morgan dollar yesterday.

Thanks again for the contest!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2443 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for letting me know, SpeedDemon. Two down - one to go.

Edited for spelling.
Edited by Bump111
10/01/2022 9:29 pm
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,656Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: