Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Australian & New Zealand Coins From Circulation

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 75 / Views: 2,870Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
Australia
948 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2022  06:44 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
Australia
948 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2022  06:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I usually replace circulation coins in my collections in all countries. un-circulated/proofs in capsules.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
948 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2022  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kiwi 1980, Skippy 1974.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
948 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2022  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not bad for 40 year old circulation finds.
Learn More...
United States
120816 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
948 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2022  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found this odd lookin 5 cent black Mumbai 5 I named it lol.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
677 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2022  03:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Black as.....nice song too...Mambo No. 5
The Ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
948 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2022  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep this one seems the black coat doesn't want to come off although I haven't tried taking black off it's permanently stained black.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
948 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2022  08:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also this coin is clashed yous can check if you like, but not as prominent as the other 1981 plus this is black.
Edited by Allcoinage
10/13/2022 08:11 am
Learn More...
Australia
14960 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2022  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The black colour is simply from environmental damage. A chlorinated pool might do it, burial in the ground in certain types of soil might do it.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Pillar of the Community
Australia
948 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2022  08:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes sap was thinking it would be that on black 5 cent I also found these two 20 cent coins out of 10 rolls.

Not the best but it's something and it's better than nothing.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
948 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2022  08:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do have a couple of PMD coins that are interesting one has a gouge mark but looking at gouge I see deep purple and dark crimson red inside the actual gouge mark, I will post soon
Pillar of the Community
Australia
948 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2022  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Colour has faded on gouge.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
948 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2022  05:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a australian 2019 5 cent coin has missing crown and hair and clash on neck area.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
948 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2022  05:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Until I turned coin over then I seen my enemy lol Die Deterioration coin I think.

So close but not close enough
Pillar of the Community
Australia
948 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2022  05:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only thing is I'm not sure it is, shouldn't it be affected both sides of coin or rims.leave it too yous too decide I will keep looking
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 75 / Views: 2,870Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: