Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Else Order The Marines 2.5 Oz Commemorative Medal ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 696Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
3290 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2022  8:24 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I did and LOVE the Design and Honoring those who served and were Wounded or KIA, Deserve the Honors..... My Father , Frank A. served in the KOREAN CONFLICT, He was seriously disabled, ( hearing loss ), He enlisted in the USMC in 1951 Infantry 1ST DIV, 3RD Batt, 5TH MARINES, Infintry..., Served till 1953. He turned down the honor of receiving the PURPLE HEART, He felt Others deserved the Honors More. His younger brother, Richard Enlisted in the USMC in 1966 and served in VN,(TET OFFENSIVE )
He received the PURPLE HEART , He was Seriously wounded Too. His Parents, My Grand-Parents had The Entire Family, all three tables worth of us for dinner. We had spent Most Sundays, ( 1960-1970 ) of our childhood there and LOVED every moment !!! We had a Family Barbarcue in 2014, My uncle pulls up to Our house in a New FORD PU truck with the PURPLE HEART RECIPIENT LICENSE PLATES....

I saw the plates and ASKED, WHAT? He did NOT discuss the tour of duty, He said, He received the PURPLE HEART from His Wounds, He also stated, Why don't you go ask Your Father about His turning it down ?

Upon asking My Dad, He told me, He felt Many others deserved it More , Rest in Peace Dad, Thank You for your service to Our Country, Uncle Richard WILL Receive This 2022 Purple Heart Commemorative s !!!!!!! PLEASE IF YOU WOULD SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12352 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2022  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got one. Being Ex-Military, I'm collecting all of the 2.5 and 1oz medals from all branches.
But For the record, I was 12 year Navy - now a Disabled Vet. (I now have metal strips and screws holding my scull together following a TBI while serving in a hostile country.) [and that is all I have to say about that]

Edited by Dearborn
09/17/2022 8:44 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3290 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2022  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You DEARBORN for Your Service, My friend, Your service and Others have made it possible For Myself and Others, To endure freedom in America, Bless All Our Service Members......Served, Serving..........
Valued Member
United States
356 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2022  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Dearborn for your service, and to all the others who served as well!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3290 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2022  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2205 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2022  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I purchased two. One for my dad, Date entered active duty Dec 8, 1941, date end of active duty Dec 25, 1945. Injured in a 6 by roll-over in boot camp. Spent 6 months in hospital, went on to serve over seas. Hit the beach on Iwo Jima on day one in Jan 45, was there all 36 days. 13 MAR REG, 5TH MAR DIV. Died too young at 69, wish I had more talks about it with him. Second one is for my brother-in-law. Wounded in action 8 May 1967 battle of CON THEN province Vietnam. when a vc missile took part of his skull off. 1ST BAT 4TH MAR DIV. Agent orange finally got him 45 yrs latter. Two of the toughest men I ever knew. They were big reasons why I enlisted into the Corps in the mid 70s. H&SCO.1stMedBn,1stFSSG.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12352 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3290 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2022  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cujohn, I am in Total Respect for Your Family's Tradition to serve Our Country, Thank You for All You Gave. I am in Awe of Your Father's Service and dates in which America Called out for its Patriots rose up and Served, Rest in Peace Your Father..........
Valued Member
United States
280 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I purchased one of these, along with the one for the US Navy last March. My father served in the US Navy including time in Vietnam. He lost his bunkmate, a US Marine, in a landing there during the war. That is why I bought the two 2.5 ounce medals. I am subscribed for all the one ounce medals.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12352 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My family had a huge presence in the Military. My Uncle on my Father's side was a Colonel in the Marines, Uncles on my Mother's side were in the NAVY. In fact I had a relative in the military and fought in every was we had - going all the way back to the first war.
I am a member of "The Son's of the American Revolution", they also fought in the 'Civil' War (We were on the Blue side, The family lived up in the New England area of the new Colonies)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3290 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These Medals and Coins, Will make a Difference.... Dearborn, I Appreciate the Service You, Your Family Have Given, Thank You
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 696Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: