Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Question About $2 Australian Honey Bee Coin

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 30 / Views: 709Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Australia
567 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2022  06:08 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've come across this $2 Australian coloured honey bee coin
It has a dark spot on coin depicting image of a bee its only small but the thing is that there are no visible lines.well this is what I see under magnifying. Any Intel on this could be helpful thanks I will post images here just check it over please. Thanks
Pillar of the Community
Australia
567 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2022  06:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Australia
567 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2022  06:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now here's two sets of images and the bee image I see is at bottom left of coin on Queens side of coin
Pillar of the Community
Australia
567 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2022  06:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Near Jc
Pillar of the Community
Australia
567 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2022  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do see some clashed there the leafs on branch at top of coin and tip of Queen's crown and wording dollar is at bottom left of coin and shiny bits of Queen's hair on honeycomb in middle bits and pieces of other clashes too.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
567 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2022  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And the branch at top is partially on outer rim of coin
Pillar of the Community
Australia
567 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  07:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Until I seen the design struck on outer rim I decided to do some researching what it could be, this is what I came across.

Edited by Allcoinage
09/20/2022 07:43 am
Australia
30 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  07:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amateurrollcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mate. Stop. Spamming. Don't create a new thread for every single new find.

No one needs to know about your 1981 5 cents or your decimal currency changeover coin. Just post it in the noodling thread for all I care!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
567 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  07:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As you can see that it has struck the coin twice on top end of coin.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
567 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  08:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lol what's wrong I'm only researching what I have found
Pillar of the Community
Australia
567 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  08:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey can't get right, I'm not your mate and speak to me with respect.
Australia
30 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amateurrollcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's not what mate means! You use the word 'mate' if you're frustrated with someone and you're trying to tell them that they're in the wrong!

By the way, the coin doesn't look errored to me. It just looks a little off-centre that's what.

Next time post your stuff in the Australian Circulation Finds so you don't clog up the forum for gosh darn sake!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
567 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok mate, take your frustration elsewhere, you have much too learn
Pillar of the Community
Australia
567 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think your a little off- centred from frustration, take care MATE!!!! GOOD LUCK
Australia
30 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  12:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amateurrollcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mate ... stop with the emojis. Stop with the Caps Lock. Stop with the typos. It's getting to my head. Next time post something like this in the Australian Circulation Finds thread, don't clog up the forum by creating a new discussion every time you find something interesting.
Learn More...
Australia
14647 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  07:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please ignore amateurrollcoins' request to post elsewhere. On this forum, we hate megathreads and try to discourage them wherever possible. It is preferrred on this forum that each coin be given a separate thread, rather than have all coins lumped together in one megathread where many questions never get answered because it's impossible to figure out which coins have been answered and which haven't.

However, amateurrollcoins is correct on his other point: there's no error on this specific coin, only damage. The mild off-centring is not significant enough to be an error. If you see patterns, it's just Pareidolia. In other words, you're seeing a pattern because you want to see a pattern, not because such a pattern actually exists. For example, if this weren't a bee-themed coin, it never would have occurred to you to see a tiny bee elsewhere on the coin.

And as a general rule, if you can only see an "error" under high magnification, then it's not really a significant or valuable error - a minor variety, at most.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Page: of 2 Replies: 30 / Views: 709Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: