Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

OK On My 1982 P Quarter Is In God We Trust Is It Doubled

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 333Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
435 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  12:13 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add prisbrey1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
so on my 1982 P quarter I'm not sure is in god we trust is it doubled because it just looks to big to be normal it just doesn't look right to me but I'm still in the infant stage of learning

Learn More...
Australia
14656 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  12:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's "flattened", rather than doubled - post-mint damage.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3248 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  01:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very circulated coin. Sorry is NO way to say doubled.
Valued Member
United States
435 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add prisbrey1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
its ok and thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
6150 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I gree, result of extreme wear and tear.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59620 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also the devices are moved towards the rims, because of a swelling master hub that year.

The following year they created a new, new master hub and fixed that issue that year.
How bad did this become?
The master hub was the creator of the dies/hubs it would create. One problem on that level would make all the coins with the same problem. Fixed the following year. (If they had done that during that year, then there were have been a large and small date on the quarters for that year. So they didn't and we don't see that year variety for that year, because they waited until the next year.
When the dies wore down the devices on the motto got real mushy:

When Machine Doubling happened that year, the device where shoved into the rim areas:

This was a gradual process of the swelling on the master hub:

Note the movement of the devices? 1983 they replaced that swelling hub.

CoopHome: What is a swelling master hub? the master hub was the creator of the dies/hubs it would create. one problem would make all the coins with the same problem.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
435 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add prisbrey1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
interesting thanks coop
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11081 Posts
Valued Member
United States
435 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add prisbrey1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
so all the quarters this year would look like this so nothing special for this quarter
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 333Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: