Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any Half Dime Collectors Here?

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 80 / Views: 4,145Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
Germany
1753 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2022  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GERMANICVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a small collection of Seated dimes and half dimes.

Valued Member
Canada
476 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2022  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wallyb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really like these half dimes. The Canadian 5c silver pieces are similar in size and are also intricately detailed, and difficult to photo properly,
Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
999 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2022  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WoW. Those are some nice half dimes all around. I'm enjoying this thread. I picked up two half dime toners in an auction a couple of weeks ago from the last two years they were issued. 1872-s and 1873-s. I only have the TrueViews though to share.

Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2022  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElmerFlick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A slightly more difficult pickup today while out of town.

Edited by ElmerFlick
10/13/2022 3:56 pm
Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2022  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A slightly more difficult pickup today while out of town.
Very nice!
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2022  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElmerFlick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Worked out a deal with a different long time collector who is divesting and greatly added to my set. Coins arrived yesterday.

I'm learning that many coins are readily available. There seem to be very few hidden rarities in circulated grades. Maybe 12 of the 79 collectible coins are tough. The others not so tough.
Edited by ElmerFlick
10/14/2022 10:39 pm
Valued Member
Canada
476 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2022  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wallyb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
impressive pick up.
Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2022  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElmerFlick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Started working on the 1829 - 1837 Bust HDs.

Edited by ElmerFlick
10/18/2022 9:53 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6007 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2022  01:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your collection is shaping up nicely, with high-grade and attractive pieces. The draped bust coins are really nice.
Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2022  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Started working on the 1829 - 1837 Bust HDs.
Looking good!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9771 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2022  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really growing your collection nicely, and it looks like you are making excellent choices with your purchases. Keep up the good work!
Longhorn Coins & Exonumia
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC - CCT #890

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9771 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2022  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This colorfully-toned 1854 is probably the nicest in my small collection (PCGS/CAC MS62)

It is in desperate need of new photos, and the old PCGS holder is very beat up and scratched up (especially the reverse) but if I reholder it then I also lose the old holder (and the CAC bean.)

Longhorn Coins & Exonumia
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC - CCT #890

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 80 / Views: 4,145Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: