Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1931-D Lincoln Cent Need To Know If Will Get Bagged For Color Or Damage

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 544Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
802 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  07:24 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Does this fit PCGS'S color scheme? I struggle with these.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25706 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Color looks original to me. Coin also looks circulated so I'd be at AU-58 on it. Not one worth paying grading fees on.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73506 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at AU-58 as well. Color is OK to my eye.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13347 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not seeing the any wear like the above comments

obv strike looks a little weak. small mark in front of nose
rim tick at K4

rev a minor mark in the field to the left of ONE and some minor marks across some of the letters

i think this is not one of your better coins for assessment. maybe MS64+ or 65BN. I'm betting the coin may look better in hand
Pillar of the Community
United States
644 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JTCC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coin looks original....
AU-58.
Pillar of the Community
United States
802 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm not seeing the any wear like the above comments

obv strike looks a little weak. small mark in front of nose
rim tick at K4

rev a minor mark in the field to the left of ONE and some minor marks across some of the letters

i think this is not one of your better coins for assessment. maybe MS64+ or 65BN. I'm betting the coin may look better in hand

A nice red 1931-d is out of my price range , I am hoping this is original and I can get a 63 brown. If that's the case then I will come out better submitting then buying one. I think it's original but I am usually way off on these things It does have some marks and I would be thrilled if it came back 64 and not detailed. I took actual pictures instead of a scope hoping more experienced members would weigh in.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18295 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At first I was thinking AU, then MS....close call. The reverse color is probably enough for PCGS to bag IMO, toned coins are pretty much a gamble unless it's the wispy red toning.

AU-63
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18295 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I heavily searched for a good 10 years to find a decent 31-D. Finding one in MS red in the raw is almost impossible. This is the best coin I could find, found it at a coin show. If you compare your coin to it, you can see why I'm leaning toward AU for yours.

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Edited by BadThad
09/22/2022 10:56 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13347 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2022  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
taking a closer look at the surfaces on this one there could be some very slight wear on ends of the left wheat stock and on the second obv photos maybe some right above the eye on the forehead but the jacket is soooo clean from marks. these area also could be strike.

i can see at AU58 or MS63BN. maybe an angle shot of the obv would help but I'm still leaning to the MS side
Pillar of the Community
United States
1287 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have two in 65rb, one in 64bn, and I'd say it could go as high as 64bn.

Here's the 65rb from my last sub.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1287 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That was a coin I picked up raw for under 100 bucks.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18295 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That was a coin I picked up raw for under 100 bucks.

That's an excellent find in the raw!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 544Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: