Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1958 D Wheat Penny Overdate

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 821Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2022  03:24 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Akakaka to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello: I found a1958 D Wheat penny with a overdate error/variety. I know that 1958 was the last year of the Wheat penny. Denver Mint struck 800,953,000. Only three have been found with DDO but only two graded by PCGS.
As far as I know this is not a DD on the date. And I believe is not a re punched because the number under the 8 looks like a 6. All the numbers are double/re punched.
My question is: How could a date missed one year in between? 1958 over 1956.
Yeah...I been scratching my head
Thanks a lot.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
47386 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2022  03:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The coin on the right is MD=machine doubling not a doubled die.No added value.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2022  06:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Akakaka to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks good to know. Anyway is not going back in circulation, will be fun to keep it.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2022  06:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Akakaka to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks good to know. Anyway is not going back in circulation, will be fun to keep it. Not a pro either just a hunch &
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
22887 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2022  06:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
A cultivated person is a citizen of the world*
Pillar of the Community
United States
9944 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2022  07:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice example of Machine Doubling, yes.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12163 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73334 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2022  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Learn More...
United States
118313 Posts
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wheatman77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would pay good money for it, put in coin flip
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vipes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Akakaka to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Coin Community: I want to say thanks to anyone looking and commenting on my post. I'm trying to learn more everyday. My question to the community is to the fact the number under the 8 looks like a 6 to me, what do you see a 6? I like this coin. Have plans to send it to verified, just found it four days ago. Thanks for all your help.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47386 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  04:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not seeing the "6". If you send it in,and I think you will be wasting your money please post a photo of the full slab. ANACS is the least expensive.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1597 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Before you send it in.
I think you might invest in a can of acetone and soak your coin for awhile. Try ( very ) carefully with a qtip see if you can remove some of that stuff around the date. Don't use anything metal to try getting it off. If you're not careful you can scratch it pretty easily even with a toothpick.
Maybe practice on another coin first.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9621 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't waste your money having this cent graded. Not worth the cost. Better, spend the 50-$60 on numismatic supplies or books. When you come here seeking of advice,this is the best we can do: don't waste your money grading a coin that has a net worth of less than 10 cents at best. [:i]
ša va bien aller

United States
7 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Akakaka to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your opinions, suggestions and advise will take them under consideration. Definitely going to try acetone in another coin before use it on this one, that could help me to identified what is under those numbers (?) Thanks a lot.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 821Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: