Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1828 Curl 2 No Knob CBH For Grading Opinions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 430Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
764 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  4:51 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What do you think of this O-104 that is available at my somewhat local coin shop? Sellers images.

Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinEnthusiast to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would guess that this coin is in XF condition, probably XF-45. In my opinion, the eye appeal of this coin is above average (although I'm a sucker for original, some might say, crusty classic coinage).
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73272 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree EF-45, textbook in color and texture. Lovely coin.
Edited by Coinfrog
09/26/2022 09:07 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2432 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good coin, depends on price. For a high XF, I'd like to see more luster. This coin has a good strike, some of that has been worn down. Some minor damage above the cap, XF-40 for me. Nice eye appeal for a circulated coin!
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20337 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pleasing coin, with even dark patina, some wear cameo, which will also darken in later years.
Should be considered at EF-40, if it interests you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1633 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  01:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ploopy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
XF40, little too much obverse wear + no luster for 45
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13314 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  08:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
along with buffalo's this series does not follow typical standard grading. one must understand how strike affects these. if someone plans on purchasing raw bust halves it is well advised to do your homework and study graded coins as quite a bit of wear is actually due to strike. one tip I learned over the years is to assess these by their high points on both sides as actual wear will appear in these areas first. they are a very interesting series but I never got into them

first thought was XF45
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25630 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-45 but I worry about the marks in the field above the head. Might details the coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
764 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, I agree with the XF 40 /45 grades. I was also concerned about the mark above the cap. The dealer assured me it is a light mark so I purchased it for $185. I don't have the coin yet.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1633 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ploopy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Took a look at this one again and I think it makes XF45.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 430Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: