Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Another 2004 D Wisconsin Lower Leaf Error Found Sept 25, 2022

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 527Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1945 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  7:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
While CRH Quarters I found my Third one I have pulled from circulation. This one is not in the best condition. Still a nice find. I have had a couple nice finds this week from two different banks, where I purchase boxes.

"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1469 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Wow, three found in circulation. that's awesome! Congrats. I have found only one in the last ten years.
Pillar of the Community
United States
931 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes those are hard to find so good job finding it.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20370 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not an error, but a die variety.
Possibly unique? working die
The frequency of subsequent finds with low leaf should prove or disprove this possibility.
The average die life is of the order of 200,000 examples struck.

Apparently, it seems that this particular variety was only discovered comparatively recently, despite the fact that the Wisconsin type Quarter has been in circulation for around 8 years.

Thus,
Expect quite a few more of the low relief variety should now be discovered.
Market value prediction for a low leaf variety in average circulated condition perhaps around $100?, but due to the fact that almost all of them have seen extensive circulation over the last 8 years,
expect that a low leaf variety in MS grades could well be valued in the low $1000's.

Would really like to see further investigative comments and opinions, to extend public knowledge on this subject.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12120 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Apparently, it seems that this particular variety was only discovered comparatively recently, despite the fact that the Wisconsin type Quarter has been in circulation for around 8 years.

Make that 18 years, and from what I read, they were discovered in late 2004. It's somewhat surprising that they are being found with any frequency anymore.
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him, saying, 'You are mad; you are not like us.'
-St. Anthony the Great
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12322 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47470 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  04:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
arby96,
Have you used acetone on it ? Are you going to?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1945 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  12:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John 1 no have not dipped in acetone. I have no plans to use acetone at this time.
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47470 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  03:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
O.K. thanks.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60440 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These were sent to two different cities. Tucson, Arizona and another town in Texas. But the Tucson city paper covered this event and they pretty much all got scooped up quick there. (Back then the price was in the hundreds of dollars. I never found a one, as I lived 120 miles away. I have family there and they didn't find any either. (probably the value for these is lower now, as the State Quarter Fever was raging back then. So those who sold theirs made the money on them)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 527Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: