Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1876-CC Seated Dime Grading

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 585Next Topic  
Valued Member
United Arab Emirates
165 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  12:08 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Aref to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Good morning, I found a seated liberty in terrible condition, but I would like to hear opinions about the grade. Thanks.

Valued Member
China
68 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  06:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

Hi I have a 1875 CC Seated dime,and the mint mark is under the "dime".I think it's a F Details.Unfortunately It has some scratches .
Valued Member
United Arab Emirates
165 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  07:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aref to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your opinion. I also think it's F Details, but there's just way too many scratches on the coin. I'm planning on cleaning the coin using baking soda + boiling water and I'm not sure if that's gonna help. If it doesn't clean the coin then I'm gonna have to ask CoinCommunity for help.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73644 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say F details as well.
Valued Member
United Arab Emirates
165 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  08:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aref to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Coinfrog, thank you for taking the time to share your thought.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13368 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF10 (details) ED

do not clean the clean with baking soda. if you must, use 100% acetone and see if that helps

Bedrock of the Community
United States
25716 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think it will look as bad in hand. These photos are blown up pretty large. I would put this one at VG-10 straight grade. Reverse will keep it out of the Fine category.
As panzaldi said, DO NOT clean the coin with Baking Soda and water, it will kill the value.
Valued Member
United Arab Emirates
165 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aref to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, thanks for warning me about cleaning the coin with baking soda, I should stop this nonsense. I need to be more careful with my coins even though this one is not a valuable coin I still need to be careful not to ruin them with baking soda. Some coins just need to be cleaned like this one that's got dirt all over it. I'll have to study to see if I can clean it with acetone or not.
Learn More...
United States
16480 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F details/corroded.

Never clean a coin ever. A distilled water soak is ok then pat dry.
swcoin.ecrater.com
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13368 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  07:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
just a sidenote AREF. when we say acetone we do not mean nail polish remover. that contains elements that will leave residue on the coin. 100% acetone can be purchased at home depot, lowes or something similar
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 585Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: