Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

So I Got Tired Of Looking At My Grungy Circulated Roosevelt Dimes In My Dansco Album.

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 1,257Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12269 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  8:45 pm Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I decided to up grade them to all uncirculated dimes instead.
Starting from 1946 to 1999. I now have them all except for the 1947 (is in the mail and will arrive on my birthday on Sept 30) and 1949 -1950 which are semi key coins - I have purchased the '49 D and S and are in the mail too, Tomorrow I get paid and will go purchase the 1950's. The 1982 and 1983 uncirculated dimes I got from the mint store gift shop sets.

I'll then up date my 2000-2020's next month. Here are the pictures of the coins still in the shipping packages. I need to photograph each one individually for my records - which will take time - and get them into my Dansco album and post the pages then (when all the new uncirculated dimes have been replaced.

I will probably sell or just gift my circulated silver dimes to somebody - (Did I just hear Santa's bell ring?)

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73485 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good looking set!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12269 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5471 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats John! Looking good.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11654 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow... this is gonna be spectacular when finished. Cant wait to see the final product!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12269 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Helder and Celtic, when I update the album I'll post the new one in the same topic as the one in my profile. This way we will see the changes from the old to the new.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20362 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Always numismatically and visually attractive to see a completed set with all coins in MS or near MS condition.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18294 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice upgrade!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12269 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  07:58 am  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Always numismatically and visually attractive to see a completed set with all coins in MS or near MS condition.

Thanks! My thoughts exactly. Initially I had just taken the dimes from my Whitman Folder which were collected when I was a 'wee bit of a Lad' (as Newkirk would say) and moved them over to my newer Dansco albums. I'll probably be doing this to all sets at some point.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6118 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking good, with the exchange rate what it is right now I can't get any US coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1938 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super nice upgrade! Will look fantastic
Valued Member
United States
356 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking upgrades!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12269 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  09:53 am  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks everyone. (I took off from work starting tomorrow for my 60th birthday - So I may spend time getting them photographed.) Amongst other projects I want to get done...
Learn More...
United States
118429 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5739 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I agree. So satisfying too.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
United States
1459 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpsned to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yum! Nothing like shiny new silver.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 1,257Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: