Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1975 D 1c Clashed Dies (Triple)

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 695Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1516 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  03:49 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinHI to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is recent purchase that shows a triple die clash I believe. It looks like the reverse clash marks were polished out but there is still some evidence remaining. There aren't any 1975's listed on maddieclashes so if they ever start taking submissions again I will send this in. Weighs 3.10g, thanks for looking.

Best Find - 1976 D WQ DDO-001 http://goccf.com/t/382777
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47355 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  03:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice,even has the tell tail sign on the reverse in bay 2.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
3461 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  06:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice. Congrats.

That looks like an inverted Y in bay two as John mentioned.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9917 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  07:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent photos!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2458 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's cool, really nice clashes!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1935 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Congratulations, excellent find!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60326 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It proves a point: "That when a die clash happens, the dies can rotate slight amounts. These are from different clashes over and over with a slight rotation between the clash events. Sometimes different areas will show a slight clash:

Other times you will see just the central areas affected:

Sometimes a double clash:

Or even a Triple clash like the OP's coin.

Often we use die clash overlays to determine what area the clash it was from:

Many created ones I've made in the past.

http://goccf.com/t/321370

If the dies didn't rotate, there can be a monster clash More devices seen on this one, even the date:

CoopHome: What is a die clash, does it rotate or double, or more? yes, yes, yes and yes
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
09/28/2022 11:27 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1597 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one Greg.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1516 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the comments!!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4823 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop, it is not necessary to gob up this otherwise great post with 49 images of random clashes that have little to do with the posted coin nor answer any posted question. Overlays of Ben Franklin half dollar? Why is this posted here?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2132 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice prisoner cent. Looks like Abe got a triple sentence.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1516 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Cujohn and Tropicalbats.

While the Memorial cent overlays are helpful Coop, I do agree that the lot of off topic denominational overlays are unnecessary to post here.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12124 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2482 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find, congrats!
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
1516 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think I wore out my mouse scroll wheel getting to the bottom here.

But Very nice triple clash. no found all that often..

Thanks, and for future mouse preservation, use Shift + End to teleport to the bottom
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47355 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On my keyboard it is Ctrl=End
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 695Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: