Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1912 S Lincoln Wheat Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 531Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
698 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  11:55 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm still trying to figure out how to take good photos. This is the best I can get so far.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2147 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it's a woody, obverse too blurry to grade from but the coin probably ranges XF to AU
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73347 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Woody, strong AU sharpness at least, but brighter and sharper pics needed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9947 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, a nice woody. Brighter, diffuse (non-glare) lighting would work wonders.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17008 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nicely cropped and in focus, just needs to be a little lighter.
As mentioned, it is a Woodie.
Valued Member
United Arab Emirates
165 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aref to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The picture of the obverse is blurry and I can't see clearly but the reverse looks like a high AU to me.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25630 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better photos needed to grade from.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3465 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You picked a beautiful toughie to practice with.

The light and dark contrast makes it tough.
A camera or a phone?

With my phone I can touch the screen in a dark area and it will lighten up the dark areas.
Vice versa for lighter areas.

Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47386 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A bit more light, filtered. A bit better focus. A very nice looking woody.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13322 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU55 area
Pillar of the Community
Canada
698 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All my photos look like I'm living in a cave

Is this any better?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18283 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOODY!

Slider, hard to tell from pictures. You were close on your first set, then the second set was too much light. Find that happy medium! If you have a white balance calibration option you could turn that white background WHITE - it looks gray now. If not, adjust your lights until you get a pic with a nice, white background. It will show the coin much better.

My initial feeling was MS-62, then I think I see a little rub. The coin looks a little dull and I don't see any cartwheel spokes.

AU58-MS62

I might go to 63 with better pictures. I don't see any major hits on the devices, the reverse is very clean from what I can see.

GREAT KEY DATE COIN!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Edited by BadThad
09/29/2022 11:56 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13322 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  09:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
using your last obv photo I agree with badthad. MS62BN
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73347 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can see MS-62BN as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1287 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Get a simple desk lamp that lets you adjust angles of lighting and cover it with paper or such to help diffuse the lighting and do some experimenting and your pics should turn out great. The only issue I see with your photos is that the lighting is too dim.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 531Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: