Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1865 Indian Head Cent, 30% Off Center

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 634Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2598 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  9:12 pm Show Profile   Check robbudo's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add robbudo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is the most dramatic off center I have, and I haven't seen more than a handful of Indian cents that are off by more than this. I love how much circulation it saw after it was minted - really speaks to how much a cent was worth 150 years ago .

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3773 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like it!

I think a cent in 1865 would have filled up the tank on the old station wagon. Oh, wait... I meant fed the HORSES for you Conestoga wagon.
ANA ID: 3203813 - CONECA ID: N-5637

Clothes Dryers are the Coin's natural enemy. NEVER store your coin collection in a dryer. This has been a Yokozuna Public Service Announcement. dryer coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
2598 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Check robbudo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add robbudo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Horse feed for a month? Something like that for sure!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2598 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Check robbudo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add robbudo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
*plus 40 degree rotated dies - must have been some strike.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73358 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super nice, congrats!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1053 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  02:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very kool cent, I like how it circulated.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47386 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  04:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Neat. Might have been someones' lucky pocket piece?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2438 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic coin!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5838 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  12:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super cool! That's an amazing piece.

-CH27
Collector of U.S. Coins, Varieties, and Colonial Coinage
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 634Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: