Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Oregon 2005 State Quarter No Clad.

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 615Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3647 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  03:59 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi simple question because I am innocent on those varieties-errors. What could be a fair price for this coin?. It is raw. I have to make an offer and seller wait me for tomorrow 7 PM. Ask 25 for.

Edited by silviosi
09/30/2022 04:04 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47386 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  04:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is an idea on sold values. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk...H_Complete=1
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
09/30/2022 04:40 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2458 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  06:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Weight?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3647 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  06:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not have 'it the scale with me when I check the coin. It is legitim missing clad at 100%. I check just visual and XRF and no traces of nickel.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1597 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  07:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry Silvio I can't help with value. Hope you get it for a great price.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3647 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  07:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Him Asked 25
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20345 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If no nickel proven to be in the in the surface,, then
accurate weight should confirm missing clad.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47386 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If indeed missing clad both sides then $25 is not bad.
John1
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3647 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks John, I will take. I do not collect those but I think is good to have as example if you do not loose money in the wind.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12180 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  11:13 am  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I can see the CuNi color on the rim shining through. If it were a non-cladded quarter, I would expect to see the coloring to be more coppery, not 'rosy' (but that could be the image provided by the seller.) Really need the weight to confirm this one. But $25.00 is not too bad if it is indeed a non-cladded coin. Good luck.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47386 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think I can see the CuNi color on the rim shining through
I thought that to,but when I checked eBay sold slabs, I think I can see that on them, so I am not sure what's up with them.The weight might be a big help/indicator.
John1
Edited by John1
09/30/2022 12:15 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60360 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the coin has coating and now wearing off the highest surfaces (rim). Value to me: 25 cents. Not a missing clad. The color would be a lot more red, not brown.

If the cladding was missing, then the strike would be weak like the coin above. (Lack of the thickness of the strike causes a weaker strike)

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3647 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see the coin when I checked with the XRF. Is no Nickel no where. The photos was took with an relative old phone. The coin is AU not UNC and by the owner come from an roll from a bank here in Quebec.
Edited by silviosi
09/30/2022 12:20 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60360 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The exposed color on the rim, tells me it was an outdoor find. The color would not wear off on a copper edge on the rim of a coin that was missing the clad.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Pillar of the Community
United States
2224 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It look improperly annealed to me!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60360 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it were, the color would not rub off. It is the new metal color if it were an annealing issue.
Richard S. Cooper

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 615Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: