Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1918/7-S Quarter - Which Would You Rather Have?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 724Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
58 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  9:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ElmerFlick to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Assuming these two coins are priced the same, which would you rather have? One is a PCGS F12 OGH without CAC designation and one is newer PCGS F12 with green CAC label. The OGH appears to have a slightly bolder date and better contrast. I bet it would get a CAC green sticker too if sent in. Thoughts?

Thanks,
ElmerFlick

Pillar of the Community
United States
6617 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OGH would be my choice
Valued Member
United States
383 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Check CarrsCoins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CarrsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i like the ogh coin better. the contrast is attractive. I like the wear pattern around the date better.
i like large cents. I currently have >225 Sheldon varieties and >235 middle date Newcomb varieties.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9329 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I prefer the CAC coin. Looking at the vertical center line of this coin, there seems to be less wear and the wear is less severe. I like the surfaces on this coin much better.

The OGH has too many hits and a large, distracting scratch in the left pedestal.

What do the reverses look like? Tough to make a choice based on just half the sandwich.
IN NECESSARIIS UNITAS - IN DUBIIS LIBERTAS - IN OMNIBUS CARITAS
My coin e-commerce website:https://nummumcoins.com
Let me build your coin e-commerce website: https://nummumcoins.com/ur-site/
Help me optimize my photo setup: http://goccf.com/t/411871
Edited by numismatic student
09/30/2022 9:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
682 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
tough call but I prefer the look of the CAC. The OGH kinda looks like liberty is losing her guts.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2438 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  11:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CAC slab. It seems to be sharper with more meat on the bone.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4488 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  12:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CAC slab. Too many hits on the other coin.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47386 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  03:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With CAC
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
5838 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  04:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CAC slab. I like the very even wear. With the circulation cameo on the OGH example the high points just look so flat and stand out.

Both beautiful examples but the CAC coin is just a nicer piece IMO.

-CH27
Collector of U.S. Coins, Varieties, and Colonial Coinage
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73347 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  07:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the CAC slab the best as well. Color looks more natural to my eye.
Edited by Coinfrog
10/01/2022 07:11 am
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  08:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElmerFlick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many of you like the CAC more than the OGH for various good reasons. For me, owning this coin is about seeing the date and the OGH wins out. Decisions, decisions.

ElmerFlick
Edited by ElmerFlick
10/01/2022 08:42 am
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  08:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElmerFlick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ment to say "more than the OGH". Can a person edit their own posts here somehow? Nm. Figured it out.

ElmerFlick
Edited by ElmerFlick
10/01/2022 08:43 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2624 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  09:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The strength of the overdate is my primary interest, and for that reason I prefer the OGH.
"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Valued Member
Taiwan
396 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Everest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Curious as to the price difference in the two coins. Thank you.
Valued Member
United States
337 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jakes Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the coin in the cac slab more
I've only been collecting for a couple years (2017). Favorite Coin's are Standing Liberty quarters, Working on my type set: "knowledge is power" -Thomas Jefferson | Coffee, Corvettes, Coins & the CCF what could be better?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20732 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want them both.
just carl
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 724Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: