Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1946-S LWC DDO-003 Uncirculated

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 416Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1466 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  4:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I found nine of these in an uncirculated roll I purchased. I saw the doubling on the end coin so I went for it. Appears to be a later die stage but still pretty nice.

Variety Vista 1946-S DDO-003
Wexler 1946-S 1 WDDO-008 "Best of Variety"
Coppercoins 1946S-1DO-005

Doubling shows in LIBERTY and the 19 of the date.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2482 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's nice, congrats on the finds! I really like the spread of the bars showing, not just the typical chunky LIBERTY you see on the 40's DDO's.
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
9917 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice example.
Pillar of the Community
United States
900 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
great looking coins, nice find.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4823 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like that die and have also found them in rolls. But not sure it's very popular, as last time I decided to put a super nice one up on ebay I think it sold for like three bucks. That's less than the coin itself was worth without the DDO. Nice trade material though to have a couple extras in your back pocket.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1010 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice example and photos
Pillar of the Community
United States
3461 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on the find.

I'm hoping you remembered to check for the 1946 Inverted S variety as well.
LINK http://lincolncentresource.com/Feat...nverted.html

San Francisco Mintmark styles- VV
http://varietyvista.com/01a%20LC%20...20Styles.htm
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1466 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  09:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

@Petespockets55 -- I checked for the inverted S and the S/D, to no avail. The majority of them had the trumpet tail mint mark and a few were sans serif
Pillar of the Community
United States
3461 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to hear you checked but sorry none were found.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2224 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice. I've always liked that one!
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 416Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: