Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2022 Limited Edition Silver Proof Set

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,253Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

United States
693 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  10:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Info for 2022 limited edition silver proof set is now online. It has one silver eagle. $201, Oct. 26. Also the 1 oz silver proof Liberty medal (horse) is back in stock.

https://catalog.usmint.gov/limited-...uct-schedule
Edited by livingwater
10/01/2022 10:24 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12178 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  10:54 am  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well the mint brought the price down from $235.00 last year (which had 2 silver eagles in it) to the same price of 2020 @ $201.00 (which has the same amount and type of coins in it) BUT up big time from the 2019 amount of $249.00 with the same amount and type of coins)

Thanks for the heads up though - I'll set my calendar for this sale
Learn More...
United States
118320 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As always, for me it is a hard pass on this set. However, I can appreciate those who like the unique combination.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1176 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
will always be a no from me unless it provides the opportunity for a coin not sold otherwise
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12178 Posts
Learn More...
United States
118320 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll be getting it - only because I have all the previous years editions.
For me, that is the best reason.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3278 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dearborn, Jbuck, I could Not agree More !!!!!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3278 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does Anyone collect the 1936 to date Proof sets ?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12178 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does Anyone collect the 1936 to date Proof sets ?

I'm trying, but it is starting to get expensive.
I have all the Proof sets from 2022 to all the way back to 1952 (in the box sets) so far - inclusive.

Keeping in mind that there were no proof sets minted between 1943 to 1949.
I just need 1950 and 1951 before I'll need to jump back to 1942 (which I don't think I'll be able to due to the cost of the sets.
I'm also trying to get them in OGP, not in the after market plastic cases.
Edited by Dearborn
10/04/2022 5:03 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3278 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dearborn, Great Topic, !!!! Your collection is a Sweet One !!!!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12178 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  10:25 am  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks - At somepoint I need to drag out my collection in its entirety and get a combined collection photograph.. (I'm just not sure that my dining room table is big enough to hold it all )
Pillar of the Community
United States
6614 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@morgans dad, I have all the silver proof sets from 1950 to date with many clad sets from the 70's. Not interested in clad so the 80's are void. 1936 to 1942 would be great to have but funds are not there for me.
Learn More...
United States
118320 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At somepoint I need to drag out my collection in its entirety and get a combined collection photograph

Quote:
I'm just not sure that my dining room table is big enough to hold it all
Pillar of the Community
United States
3278 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dearborn, Interesting Topic, I can Relate , willing to wager, Most here would be Reimpressed doing Exactly That Lay, out the Entire collection... My Kitchen would be Not Enough !! Muddler, Your a man after my own heart, The 1936 to 1942 are the Basis for the Sets , SILVER TOO.. .!!!! Enjoy !!!!
Valued Member
United States
438 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2022  02:41 am  Show Profile   Check Chopped Triumphs's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the sets go on sale today at noon, with a product limit of only 50,000 and household limit of 1, Do you think it will sell out?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11653 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2022  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do you think it will sell out?

At $201 I think it will take a while, but it eventually will.

The only thing "limited" about this set is the packaging. It is pretty nice, but as with previous years' LESPS sets, you can get the same coins for cheaper by buying the ASE and Silver Proof sets separately.

I bought the 2017 LESPS because it had an ASE that was only available in that set and the Congrats set, which I somehow missed that year.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,253Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: