Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1902 S Barber Half Dollar, Thinking Of Sending This One Off For Grading

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 535Next Topic  

United States
21 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  11:21 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DieselCountry to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Thinking of sending this one off for grading. I know it's not 70 but it's only S mint mark I have in collection so far. Any input is appreciated

*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2842 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  11:36 am  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Simple answer. Don't.
Complicated answer. There are a several reasons why people grade coins. Almost all of those reasons only apply to coins that have a value which can be increased by the grading. This increased value is what justifies the cost of grading. Maybe new collectors don't realize just how expensive it is to get a coin graded. Especially true if you are sending in only a single coin. (The cost of shipping both ways and the submission fee adding to the cost of the grading)
Pillar of the Community
United States
4162 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF!

It looks like a previously cleaned VG details coin, and the value would not justify the grading fee.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17010 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The cost of grading would be about the value of the coin.
Just put it in an airtime capsule and keep as is.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73351 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree VG details, definitely not worth grading.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8460 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF. The cost of grading would exceed the value of the coin.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47386 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Nice coin but not worth sending in.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13322 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DieselCountry to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will put in my collectable box with all my other graded coins then. Ty for input. I had bought ftom friend years ago. So I know I've never cleaned it
Pillar of the Community
United States
1052 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No need to get this one slabbed.

This isn't a VF coin, which it would need to be minimum to justify grading.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25630 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG-10 details, cleaned. Sending in for grading would be a waste of money.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13322 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Maybe new collectors don't realize just how expensive it is to get a coin graded.

i think you nailed it. over the past couple years I've noticed more and more new folks thinking that everything should be slabbed. this is probably one of the main issues they are not aware of. plus the fact that TPG's are not alway right. if you have a coin you want to protect and its not a rare bird or of significant value just put it in an air tight an save a ton of $$
Pillar of the Community
United States
1014 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, welcome to the Community.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 535Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: