Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1944 Mexico 2 1/2 Pesos Gold KM 463 - Grade Needed

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 322Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
3286 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  8:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mdpmedia to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Edited by mdpmedia
10/02/2022 8:46 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73288 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Much sharper and clearer images needed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3286 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdpmedia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This coin has some diagonal northwest quadrant obverse markings on it. I cannot determine if they are from the die or from PMD scratches.

The one vertical scratch through the hair is very interesting and appears to be underneath the seemingly upward-lifted device but it is hard to tell.

One other interesting observation has to do with that arc shaped gold colored line passing through the eye and temple hair. Since I had to create the photo in a grayscale profile because of file size constraints, that line appeared although it is non-existent when holding the gold colored coin in one's hand.

Finally, this coin does appear to be the more valuable restrike version but I want to ensure that it would at least get an MS 61 before wasting money on the grading fee. I'd like a confirmation that it is a re-strike.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9970 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  12:50 am  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure if it's a restrike but I'm sure you are aware these are universally regarded as bullion coins. Many (most?) are MS since they did not circulate. With $100 of gold in them I would think you'd need a gem grade to recoup grading expenses.

ANA #R3154474
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25630 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can we get photos of both sides?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3286 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdpmedia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
photos of both sides?

I want to get those photos as soon as possible but my computer decided to die. I think this time I'm going to migrate from Windows to an Apple platform so I can have unlimited phone technical support etc.

Thanks
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 322Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: