Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Lincoln Possible Low Pressure Strike?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 543Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
96 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  3:51 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bill Kerr to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Guys is this another Low Pressure Strick?

Learn More...
United States
25461 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Doesn't look like damage, but could also be Struck Through Grease in spots. I'm interested to see what others think.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17068 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a low pressure strike, probably a Greaser.
Valued Member
United States
415 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HGK3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Poorly formed rims and symmetrical effects on both sides make me think LPS is more likely the cause
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12280 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60422 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Weight? IF less than 2.5 the planchet maybe thinned. (On a Struck Through Grease, the rim will still be strong) Thus the weaker strike. Look pressure doesn't form any rims at all and just a shadow of a strike:

Note the rims on the Struck Through Grease, and the weakness of the strike on the low pressure strike.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
415 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HGK3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It could be a thin planchet or perhaps a tapered planchet, but LPS still looks more likely to me because of the poorly formed rims on half of each side of the coin (almost gone from K4 to K10) and the similarity in the weakness on both sides.

Quote:
Look (sic) pressure doesn't form any rims at all and just a shadow of a strike:

That is entirely dependent on the amount of pressure applied in a low pressure strike. Your Ike example is an extremely low pressure strike, thus almost no devices came through.

This Andrew Jackson $1 example shows a much stronger central area strike but poor rims and symmetrical weakness of rim area devices:

https://www.error-ref.com/?s=low+pressure

Valued Member
United States
301 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Greaser. As for the K4 to K10 thinner or weak rims I've come across plenty of shield with similar rims and perfectly struck so that it's just a common occurrence somehow nothing there.
The characteristics seen in the "faint" parts don't add up to a die adjustment strike/weak strike. I've seen a couple actual shields with weak strikes and they have a much more duller kinda mushy appearance when they are struck.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10004 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking grease. Wonder what the weight is.
Valued Member
United States
96 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  06:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bill Kerr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60422 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So maybe some grease in the dies that made the devices weaker looking. Thanks for the weight.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 543Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: