Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Guess The Grade. 1922 Plain Lincoln Cent

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 822Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
4487 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  7:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Raw coin. Going to PCGS later this week. Then auction through Great Collections.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73288 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pics are too dark to show surface details clearly. Can't even see the date area completely.
Edited by Coinfrog
10/04/2022 7:41 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5960 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know the excessive die polishing removed some obverse details on these coins but this one is heavily worn. If it grades higher than VG-08 I'd be surprised. Given the very soft reverse I assume this is not the "strong reverse" variety.
Looks original and undamaged.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1287 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  11:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I predict a weak D, G06
Pillar of the Community
United States
4158 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  11:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Based on the strongest devices, I'd say VG-10, weak reverse, probably die pair 3.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8434 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  05:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A lot of wear, better lighting would help us to see the surfaces. I cant even really see the date area in those photos.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
211 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KerryKz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Going with g8
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73288 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  08:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can we get a well-lit closeup of the date area?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25630 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Frog, better photos needed.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3638 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here it is the close-up clear observe. The best I can with the OP photos. Seem to be an No D strong, After I work the both sides I will say an G6 max G8.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Flychance to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
G6?
Not a Strong Rev
Second 2 is weak rules out die#2 (Plain)
Zurie may be correct on die#3, IF slight ccw rotation on the Rev?
I'm w/ Kentucky's "weak d" prediction

Bedrock of the Community
United States
18280 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  11:16 am  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG8, good luck!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25630 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks VG-8 to me.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13316 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  08:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i'll go with VG10. these are quite a challenge to grade. I found an NGC graded VG10 and this one has stronger lettering
Pillar of the Community
United States
616 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2022  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JTCC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seeing the details, I say G-4 at best.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1967 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2022  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a strange deal with any 22-Ds with any variety and prefer to assume most have some level of weak strikes which is a big factor to me grading them.

That said, I can see a G-6ish literal grade, actual grade more like a VG-10 to F-12 with a weak strike reverse.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 822Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: