Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1960-D Re-Punched Mint Mark? (Now Id'd As V V #69 Stage F)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 407Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3775 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  10:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Take a look at these images and let me know if this is an RPM. I've tried to match my coin with the Variety Vista and Wexler's pages, but I just don't know.

This is the first time I've used my new Elikliv Digital Microscope. It makes coin searching EASY and takes great pictures as well!

Click on the picture for a larger image

ANA ID: 3203813 - CONECA ID: N-5637

Clothes Dryers are the Coin's natural enemy. NEVER store your coin collection in a dryer. This has been a Yokozuna Public Service Announcement. dryer coin
Edited by Yokozuna
10/05/2022 12:37 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12225 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3656 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seem to be one of the 164 RPM's for this year. Which? it is the question to answer.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47429 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  04:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Might be an RPM. Too much glare in your photos.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
3473 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  07:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Certainly looks like notching on that lower serif to me.
After a quick search on VV, I found these close to yours. (Check the MM placement and markers as I was short on time.)
http://varietyvista.com/02b%20LC%20...20(1-60).htm
#55, 57, 63, 69, 110.

Some of the images on VV made it hard to see on the south side of the MM.

Easy viewing while searching is about half the battle.
Love to see an image of the new setup in operation?
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60381 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It would help to see the bottom edges of the date to see if they are affected like the SW edge of the lower serif? That would show it is Machine Doubling like the Lower part of the date and mintmark is showing? It maybe a Split lower serif? Or not?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3775 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies!

@Dearborn

Thanks! I really like this setup! It's going to make searching coins so much easier. It has a 10.3" screen and is HDMI compatible so I can move the image to my PC or even a Television if I want. These images were captured with the microscopes on-board hardware and then finished in Photoshop. It will also capture video and can address a 64 gig MicroSD card (it came with a 32g card.)

@silviosi

I was surprised by the huge number of RPMs for this coin. I've used Variety Vista in the past, but I may have been a little over excited by the new microscope. I wanted to share the image as soon as I could and missed lots of detailed information from VV.

@John1

Sorry for the glare. This was the first coin I imaged with the new setup and I need to make some adjustments to the process. These were shot with the lighting at full brightness, but it has slide adjustments to dim all of the lights, I just need to find the right level.

@Petespockets55

It's a BINGO! I was just in too much of a hurry and didn't even notice the button marked (61-113) on VV. I checked each of the listings you suggested and #69 stage F is a match for mint mark placement, tilt and every die marker fits to a T.

I'll be working with the microscope a little later today and I'll take some pictures of the setup just as long as no one scolds me for posting a "picture of the screen."

Clothes Dryers are the Coin's natural enemy. NEVER store your coin collection in a dryer. This has been a Yokozuna Public Service Announcement. dryer coin
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60381 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coppercoins have more listing for that year. Wexler has on his files a lot more. (Almost 300) So the minor RPM's could make you a hermit trying to figure them all out. I have many rolls of unlisted ones from many years. I just save them for now.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3775 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks coop! Here's an image of the date and mint mark. There is some die deterioration(?) on the date and mint mark, but with the help from Petespockets55, I'm 100% sure this is one of the MANY RPMs for the 1960-D cent.

Even the split serif has the same shadow!

Also, the die chip in the 9 and the die scratch between the 9 and Lincoln's vest are listed as die markers on VV.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60381 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
See the mark on the SE corner of the '1'? That is what I'm wondering is the cause of the Split serif on the lower serif? Not disqualifying the RPM, but wanted to see if this could be the cause of the lower split serif?
Richard S. Cooper

Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 407Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: