Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bicentennial Of The Presidency

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 436Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
1264 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  10:49 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Picked this up at a "We buy Gold and Silver" for $23...came in a little grey velvet bag...has some unusual deep purple toning.
Thanks for any comments!
smat

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Learn More...
United States
118313 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8488 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your medal is a privately-struck piece (i.e., not a US Mint product) produced/marketed in 1989 by a company operating out of Dover, Delaware under the name "Federal Coin Fund."

FCF produced multiple versions of the medal:

- Silver, Proof, One-Ounce, 39mm (~1-1/2") diameter: $29
- Silver, Proof, One-Ounce, 39mm (~1-1/2") diameter, with 24K Gold Plating: $39
- Silver, Proof, One Troy Pound (i.e., 12 Troy ounces), 3-1/2" diameter: $269

Each medal was serially numbered on its edge; a number-matched Certificate of Authenticity was included.

As seen in one of your images, the medals were struck on 0.999 fine silver planchets (for comparison, US silver coins at that time were struck on 0.900 fine planchets).

The company stated the mintage limit was to be 25,000 of the one-once silver medals, with 5,000 reserved for gold-plating. I haven't seen a limit published for the large format (3-1/2 inch diameter) One Pound version.

Let me know if you have any other questions - I might be able to answer them, but no promises!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
10/06/2022 12:00 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1264 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  04:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
a number-matched Certificate of Authenticity was included.

Well I didn't get that...but I did score a couple of other goodies I'll try and post up over the weekend!

Thank you commems for your information...I copied it and printed it out to stach with it!
smat
Learn More...
United States
118313 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I copied it and printed it out to stach with it!
Excellent idea!
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 436Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: