Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1940 S Lincoln Wheat Cent Die Error - Pre Cud 12r

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 585Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4840 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  02:49 am Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Was going through some rolls with something like 70% junk grade wheats in them. But this one was in there so you just never know. Nice condition and a pretty nice pre cud.

1940-S Lincoln Wheat cent die error - RCD-1C-1940S-12R

Pillar of the Community
United States
1536 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  04:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice, looks like one is starting on the left ear too.
Best Find - 1976 D WQ DDO-001 http://goccf.com/t/382777
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47515 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  04:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice,and nice condition also.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73646 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super closeup as always.
Pillar of the Community
United States
947 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice picture and coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
3486 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on a nice condition one as well.

Quote:
Nice, looks like one is starting on the left ear too.

I noticed the same thing and it looks like it may exit the rim about K8 (near the second grain from the bottom).

Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8639 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin and photos! Thanks for sharing.
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60444 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you provided the closer view. That was the clincher for me.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1203 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup that's another great save from the junk wheats. Good job.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4840 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  12:48 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all! There are just so many pre cuds for this year but it never gets old finding them.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12365 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  10:13 am  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VEry nice die cracks TB - it looks like the one on the right wheat also extends up a bit higher and off the last image at the top.. How far does that crack go?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4840 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  11:43 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah it does continue to the north, but stops right at the tip of the wheat and doesn't go into the field.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60444 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thus there is no movement/misalignment of the die, thus not a retained cud yet. (The second die crack hasn't formed yet)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12365 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 585Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: