Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Grading Set

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 5,085Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
390 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2006  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Guido to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if you ever got your set done.

Also, are there any books like the one you bought for US coins? I'd like to have something to look at to compare any coins I am trying to figure a grade on.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
853 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2006  01:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigfella to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The set is part way to being complete....Have not sent over an EF or and aUnc coin yet. The coin of choice was a first head type 50c piece and just hhave not been able to find these two grades yet.
Valued Member
Australia
109 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2006  04:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add madbudgie0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What was left that you needed Shane?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
853 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2006  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigfella to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Drew....a shield 50c piece witht he 1st queens head in aUnc and EF grade.
Valued Member
Australia
222 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2006  02:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eric to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Guido

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if you ever got your set done.

Also, are there any books like the one you bought for US coins? I'd like to have something to look at to compare any coins I am trying to figure a grade on.

You're in luck. Do a search on ebay for the ANA Grading Standards Book. This contains images of most of USA's coins in various grades. This book is in fact better than anything on the Australian market.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3416 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2006  02:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Richard, here is a free brochure about Aussie commonwealth coins provided by the ANDA. They always have a copy of them for free during the fair. Please feel free to download it.

Here is a scan of it: (approximately 3 megs)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.p...A6E57B54C84B

(note: downloads may be limited or get expired within a week from today)
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Edited by gxseries
10/14/2006 02:29 am
Valued Member
Australia
444 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2006  08:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNC king to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
are we getting close to completing the set richard , we want to see the finished set as it is an urgently needed tool , especially for newbies and people not familiar with aussie coins
Edited by PNC king
12/04/2006 06:38 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
853 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2006  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigfella to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From memory we need two coin
Valued Member
Australia
444 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2006  07:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNC king to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bigfella

From memory we need two coin

which 2 big fella maybe we can help
Pillar of the Community
Australia
853 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2006  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigfella to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
50c QEII first head shield design in aUnc and EF.
Valued Member
Australia
444 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2006  03:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNC king to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bigfella

50c QEII first head shield design in aUnc and EF.

checked all my bags of 50 cents bigfella the only ones I have are VF at best
Valued Member
Australia
444 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2007  06:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNC king to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
have we completed the set yet richard ?
Valued Member
Australia
444 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2007  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNC king to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Australia
444 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2007  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNC king to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
has any one completed a grading set
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 5,085Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: