Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Picture The Poster !

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 64
Rest in Peace
United States
3730 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2006  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gary Burke to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mike: You look really good.

I can relate to weight problems. I had lost 80 pounds, then had to go on steroids for the last year. That added weight, so now I'm on my way back down again.

Anyway, you look very good, and look healthy.

Nice to see that!
Forum Uncle
United States
2884 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2006  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone! I am now down 110 Lbs and still have about 75 to go. 16 months of heavy steriod injections to stop muscle and joint degeneration put 150 lbs. on me in about 18 months! Things are looking much better these days. Mike P.S, Vast 136 (Katie) has lost a lot of weight as well. She will be posting a new photo soon.

Fred, the song has been done many, many times. Leadbelly made it famous and it has been resurected many times. See below....

This is based on an old Blues song called "Gallis Pole," which was popularized by Leadbelly. The song is considered "Traditional," meaning the author is unknown. Jimmy Page got the idea for this after hearing the version by California folk singer Fred Gerlach.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2006  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good to see you are well again Mike....keep it up and who knows...you may out run me....
Pillar Of The Community
3147 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2006  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crystalk64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MorganFred trying to push my muzzleloader to 600 yards would be beyond its limits as well as mine! I don't think I could even compete with this 425 grain conical bullet at 200 yards. I have friends who shoot 45-70 and 45-90 and at long range they can humiliate me! My .54 just don't have the umph needed for those long range shots but very effective up to the 150 yard range. Now I could push the old .308 a long ways but really only comfortable shooting out to 400 yards. One thing is for certain, and I thought I would never say this just as I thought I would never collect Darkside coinage but that which I swore I would never do is what I have found the MOST enjoyment in. Muzzleloading is a thrill I went most of my life without and do regret not getting into it much much sooner! For the most part muzzleloading does require skill, practice and knowledge where as modern weapons only require the money to buy the best. If you got the money you can almost become a long range deadly weapon over night. Expensive rifles and expensive scopes can make up for a tremendous lack of ability! I really prefer the muzzleloaders now a days! And, it also gives me some idea how terrible the Civil War really was!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2006  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I envy you guys....the laws of the land downunder prohibits us from owning any firearm higher than a .22 calibre rifle ....anyway, I am digressing, this is a "photo" thread....[:p]
Pillar Of The Community
3147 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2006  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crystalk64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You mean you want photos or our muzzleloaders and high powered weapons now? Maybe MorganFred and I can offer up signed, bullet-holed half dollars for sale? I just can't find the heart to shoot a silver dollar, unless it would be an Ike!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1091 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2006  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add toast to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm the "Charming" looking one on the right.

Pillar of the Community
United States
7123 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2006  11:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Metalman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mike

You look great ! I'm so happy that you are improving so much !!

Thanks for the New Pics !

Rick
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2006  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great looking pic Toast.....
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1091 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2006  12:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add toast to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Standing next to Cinderella makes anyone look good.
Pillar Of The Community
3147 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2006  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crystalk64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Toast it seems Australia has more to offer than just coins! Boy, the women sure flock to those Knights don't they? And he doesn't even have his armor on!
Pillar Of The Community
3147 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2006  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crystalk64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Old Dan we are patiently waiting for that photo of you fly fishing in beautiful Wyoming!
Valued Member
United States
103 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2006  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinNut5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!! A fine looking group of collectors if I must say so myself!!
It is very nice to see all of you and from the looks of things coin collecting goes hand in hand with photogenics!
I will dig around and see if I can find a recent pic.......the one Gary is referring to was taken on a camping trip a few years back, I think at the time I was a biscuit shy of 300lbs......but here it is for the record.......Here is the link in case I mess up the photo thingy....
http://community.webshots.com/mypho...rity=ihRDwH#

Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2006  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW CoinNut5....are we sure you do not "moonlight" in the WWF
Rest in Peace
United States
3730 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2006  11:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gary Burke to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin Nut, Thanks for posting the picture.

I am envious. I have a nephew who can bench press 500 pounds. I could possibly lift the bar he uses.

Now, we still need to have a look at Old Dan!
Page: of 64 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05