Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1907 D 10c For Grading

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 414Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1500 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2022  5:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinHI to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Thanks for looking.

Best Find - 1976 D WQ DDO-001 http://goccf.com/t/382777
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
228 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2022  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hondo Boguss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about XF-45? Wear to obverse laurels and brow, plus numerous dings and scratches. The definition is very nice, however.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73205 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2022  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll go with EF-45 as well.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
228 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2022  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hondo Boguss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CF, my age is showing. XF -
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4322 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
18146 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2022  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-45 .
Tony

For Butch & Jim rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
1039 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2022  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU50
Valued Member
Canada
331 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2022  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wallyb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at AU as well, LIBERTY is very sharp and wear is minimal.
Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2022  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Check collector.detector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add collector.detector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU50 Possibly details depending on if it shows hairlines with more light.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1500 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2022  02:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the feedback CCF.
Best Find - 1976 D WQ DDO-001 http://goccf.com/t/382777
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13292 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2022  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the photos presented are giving the impression the coin was cleaned at some point. at XF45 or higher the fields should be showing signs of some remaining luster and there is none that I can see. it appears lifeless. the dark spot on the on both sides appear to have been cleaned in an attempt to remove them

XF details
Pillar of the Community
United States
616 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2022  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JTCC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I say XF, possibly cleaned.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1039 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2022  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Panzaldi- Lackluster does not preclude a coin from au/unc.

They can be dipped, and your theory is dismissed.

This coin was dipped, and countless ones have been and are still are market acceptable.

I am not saying this is acceptable by any means, obverse was cleaned no doubt.

The reverse is AU all day long.

Newer generation on this forum knows the current parameters for the grading system.

The old school has not adapted to the grade flation, this is an issue I've noticed on this forum and my coin club.

This is my opinion on this coin, I could be wrong.

But my statement stands about old generation failing to assimilate.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
1023 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2022  02:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll assume it's an XF-45, but I don't think the coin has been cleared.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13292 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2022  09:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Panzaldi- Lackluster does not preclude a coin from au/unc.

i know that.

my comment should have said "at XF45 or higher the fields should be showing signs of some remaining original surfaces and there is none that I can see"

my second comment was that the coin appeared to be life-less. I did not state how the coin was cleaned and if the coin was over dipped it would have that life-less look to it.

i stand by statement that higher end coins should exhibit some of its original surfaces. this one does not. in some cases dipped and even cleaned coins may grade straight. in this case my opinion is that it was a little too aggressive and would not.

you statement regarding old school/old generation was uncalled for
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25600 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2022  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-40 details, cleaned.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 414Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: