Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Which Classic US Coins Have The Best 'Eye Appeal' In Your Collection?

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 49 / Views: 2,425Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
717 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2022  12:09 am  Show Profile   Check CarrsCoins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CarrsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
these are some sweet coins you all are posting.

winesteven - your buffalo is so flashy it doesn't even look real. those are great pictures of that excellent coin!

this is probably the best looking coin in my sheldon set. a lot of my sheldons are low grade or ugly.
S-276

its harder to pick a best middle date. many of these coins are attractive. today I like this one.
N-10

I collect low grade large cents. I currently have >230 Sheldon varieties and >235 middle date Newcomb varieties.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5234 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2022  01:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
4123 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2022  02:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I believe the request was to post the most beautiful coin in your own collection, not what you believe theoretically has the most eye appeal.
Well then, I bought this coin back in 2013 because it looked so beautiful, and over the years I've had it I never really disagreed. Not that I would call my eye particularly well-trained, admittedly.

Unfortunately no straight pics, so you'd have to deal with a bunch of unsightly ancients around it... I could swear I've made some better pics, but I'm not sure where they are!

1907 IHC, with a giant rim bump by the date (but the green bit on Liberty's neck is just lint).
Not exactly worth much in this condition, but that cameo-esque toning is soooo pretty.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
556 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2022  03:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I'm allowed a second post, here's one of my Large Cents in my Dansco 7070 - MS65+RD w/CAC. Bought as a 65RD, but I loved it so much, I sent it back to PCGS via Reconsideration. They agreed with me, and added on the "+".

The Seated dollar is PR64CAM w/CAC. As you can see, a few faint hairlines kept the grade from being higher. If you stare at Miss Liberty long enough, you just might see her slowly turn her head to look at you, lol.

Steve
A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

My collecting "Pride & Joy" is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...edset/213996
Edited by Winesteven
11/22/2022 04:12 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
9437 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2022  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you're allowed as many posts as you have beautiful coins in your collection.

Great looking coins y'all.
IN NECESSARIIS UNITAS - IN DUBIIS LIBERTAS - IN OMNIBUS CARITAS
My coin e-commerce website:https://nummumcoins.com
Let me build your coin e-commerce website: https://nummumcoins.com/ur-site/
Help me optimize my photo setup: http://goccf.com/t/411871
Edited by numismatic student
11/22/2022 11:13 am
Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2022  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think you're allowed as many posts as you have beautiful coins in your collection.
Pillar of the Community
Germany
1753 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2022  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GERMANICVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In my opinion, this is the most eye appealing coin in my US coin collection.

Just love those pretty cheeks on Miss Liberty!

It's a pity these pictures don't really do her justice.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4231 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2022  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Check Zurie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful Apple Cheek!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4746 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2022  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Germany
1753 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2022  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GERMANICVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Zurie

She puts a smile on my face every time I see her.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4746 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2022  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The thread wouldn't be complete without a Peace dollar so I offer this one.

Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2022  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The thread wouldn't be complete without a Peace dollar so I offer this one.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4375 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2022  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great looking examples posted! @Carrs, that's one killer 1807!

Here's one of my favorites, been posted on here before.

Pillar of the Community
United States
987 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2022  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a couple of Half Cents that I really like.

Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 49 / Views: 2,425Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: