Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Types Of US Coins I Find In Rome, Italy.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 337Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Italy
533 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  2:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Roma2021 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have posted these type topics before on this forum and enjoyed some of the conversation that follows. In Italy, u.s. coins are priced at stupid high prices (ie 4 for a worn 1964 Roosevelt dime) or at near bullion prices with a slight numismatic premium.

Here are some coins I bought today ....

Mercury dimes at 2-3
Washington quarters at 4 and 5
Kennedy halves at 8
Morgan and Peace at 27
Here's a sampling.

Edited by Roma2021
12/05/2022 2:59 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2509 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say the dollars are a comparative bargain. But they are starting to fall in price here as well (at least I've noticed that on the sites I frequent.)
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Pillar of the Community
Italy
533 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roma2021 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm comfortable with 4 for a quarter and 5 for a better one... I haven't found many full band Mercury dimes for $2.10 in the u.s. I buy whatever I find here at reasonable prices... Keeps me connected to the u.s. and... Why not?

Interesting Thay dollar prices are coming down in the u.s. Morgans are still at a premium here, but they're hardly rare. I imagine a lot of people selling.
Edited by Roma2021
12/05/2022 5:46 pm
Learn More...
United States
120433 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2509 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the euro and dollar are comparable as has been the case recently, then approx $27 for a Morgan is a pretty good deal, especially if they look as good as those in your photo. I've only recently seen them below $30 around my area - even for worn examples.

Edited for spelling.
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Edited by Bump111
12/05/2022 5:58 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 337Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: