Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coins Found. What Are They Worth?

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 104 / Views: 10,743Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2006  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This guy is either a very sick puppy or has been puffing on that funny weed....Yeah, millions to give away... look at the number of purchases of these bogus dollar bills he has made.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2006  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
9 days to go and already attracted 20 bids with the high bidder at $425.00...[:0]

Anyone care to make a prediction at what price level this auction will end at .
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1079 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2006  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KLD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think if he gets anymore then $1k people are starting to think it might be real.

I would say for a damm good fake it would go for under $1K
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21588 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2006  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

quote:
Anyone care to make a prediction at what price level this auction will end at

My Guess? $0.00

I'm on it.
Learn More...
Australia
14016 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2006  12:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Latest update: the second version of the auction was pulled (by eBay, I presume). Here's the latest one.

It's getting better. I still think it might be technically against eBay policy, on both the "illegal to sell counterfeit currency" and "unacceptable disclaimer of authenticity" fronts, but then, if you do a search for "1930 penny" on eBay Australia, you'll see half a dozen similar coins for sale.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Valued Member
Australia
60 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2006  05:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RareSov to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes but noone deliberately misleads buyers - especially putting the carefully selected comments at the top and then WAY DOWN (off the screen unless youre above 1024x768) he says OH some people say its fake

"considering I havent had it looked at by experts"

What crazy stuff. This guy deserves to be kicked off eBay
Valued Member
Australia
60 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2006  05:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RareSov to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I meant to say what BS ! lol to put it nicely :D
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21588 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2006  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
My Guess? $0.00

I win.

Next auction same guess, I'm on it again.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1262 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2006  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add humpybong to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Yeah he really needs to clean up his act.

He knows it is not real, why doesn't he spell it out.

Collectors still pay good price for the "altered date" coins.

Keep up the good work bobby....go getem.

Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21588 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2006  12:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Got the latest one too...
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1930-Austral...tegoryZ39394

[:p]

Now I'm off to get the original canned. The one that he put copies of some of our posts in.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5245 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2006  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add swamperbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a question regarding the nature of this forgery - Were these made primarily as Numismatic Forgeries? And then as a follow-up - if these are Numismatic forgeries why would anyone attach much value to them? I have always been of the opinion that only counterfeits intended for circulation have any "value". It seems to me that if Numismatic forgeries have value - then counterfeiters will keep producing them in ever increasing numbers. Seems counterintuitive to me.
My book on Counterfeit Portrait 8Rs is available from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Counterfeit-.../1500497177/ or from me directly if you want it signed.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1262 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2006  11:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add humpybong to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

This one has been canned as well.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1091 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2006  12:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add toast to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by swamperbob

I have a question regarding the nature of this forgery - Were these made primarily as Numismatic Forgeries? And then as a follow-up - if these are Numismatic forgeries why would anyone attach much value to them? I have always been of the opinion that only counterfeits intended for circulation have any "value". It seems to me that if Numismatic forgeries have value - then counterfeiters will keep producing them in ever increasing numbers. Seems counterintuitive to me.

For those who collect a series of coins in a coin Album, the hole where the valuable dates stick out. If you can't afford the real thing some people buy the Fake to make their sets look full or complete. There are a lot of fakes of USA rare date coins around. In Australia it's the 1930 penny. A "very good" one sells for $23,000 and a Uncirculated one for $250,000.
Edited by toast
04/04/2006 12:04 am
Valued Member
119 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2006  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thesandpit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually there aren't any uncirculated 1930 pennies known. There are six proofs and of the circulation issues, I belkieve that the finest known is gEF to about unc.
Valued Member
Australia
65 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2006  06:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tonyozcan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mattski
Welcome to the forum.
With your collection they vary on the grading of the coins.
Best to get a boofk like Gregs Mcdonalds Coins and banknotes as this is a good guide on what you have.
If they have lustre and depending year of issue it will give you a guideline.
Better still see If you can find a dealer that can give a rough estimate
Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 104 / Views: 10,743Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: