Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Uk~ Interesting Find From The Circulation In The Uk~

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 37
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
548 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2014  04:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Demarco Bishopp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found myself a nice shiny 2014 One Penny coin last week.

I've added it to my penny collection. I now have every decimal penny issued from 1971-2014 with the exception of 1972 which was issued in proof only.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
837 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2014  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DaytR to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I now have every decimal penny issued from 1971-2014

Oh wow, thats amazing You are true coin connoisseur ! I am a bit surprised it took you a while to get a shiny 2014 penny .....anyway well done
Pillar of the Community
Germany
1023 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2014  02:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add augsburger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got a shiny 2014 10p the other day.... In Zambia. Well I actually bought it for one kwacha from someone, worth about the same. They ask tourists for money from their own country and them sell them on to the next tourist I guess.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
837 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2014  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DaytR to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh wow, Zambia ! I couldnt believe 2014 10p coins have travelled that far so quickly ! Please bring back some copper with you !
Valued Member
United Kingdom
246 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2014  05:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Red to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got a nice haul this morning....
2x 2014 20p's, 1 Commonwealth Games 2014 50p, a fake pound,
three olympic 50p's, and three small error 50p's !!
Seems like someone cleaned out their money jar at the bookies :D
Edited by Red
08/06/2014 2:02 pm
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5650 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2014  08:44 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well done, RED! I haven't had any 2014 20p or 50p coins in change yet!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
246 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2014  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Red to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I assume the commonwealth games ones were released in scotland, in which case it's not surprising they've turned up in geordieland so soon
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5650 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2014  04:34 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got a 2011 Olympic Football 50p in change yesterday = the first one of that design I've ever found in circulation. Mintage was only 1,125,500.

Edited by NumisRob
08/10/2014 06:28 am
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
837 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2014  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DaytR to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perfect , you got that 50p just in time for the new season
Edited by DaytR
08/11/2014 3:12 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
246 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2014  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Red to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While technically not, it mainly is.....

FINALLY managed to finish my collection of English £2 coins with my latest eBay purchase
See if you can guess which one I had to buy. (Hint: I paid just under £15)

BTW for those keen eyed, yes I messed up with the rotation of the Unitred Nations 50th coin, DOH!!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
837 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2014  2:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DaytR to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh wow ! That is a sweet collection ..

Based on the amount you paid I would guess it was the Northern Ireland Flag 2002 Manchester Commonwealth games £2
Edited by DaytR
08/13/2014 2:23 pm
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5650 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2014  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still missing the London-Rio handover, the London Transport Roundel and the Spade Guinea designs.

RED - I also think the one you bought was the Northern Ireland Commonwealth Games coin, although I suppose it could have been the Claim of Right one.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
246 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2014  08:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Red to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Claim of Right is correct :D
I intend to find everything I can in circulation so don't want to buy circulation coins :P

Now all I need is for the hype for the 1992-1993 EEC 50p to die down
so I can bag one of those to complete my 50p collection.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
246 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2014  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Red to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bad practice to reply to my own post, but as I can't edit :-P

FINALLY, after nearly coming on here and calling BS to the two variations of 1992 20p head size..

I found one !

In the time I've been looking for it (Remember it's supposedly 50% of the total minted!!)
I've found TWENTY FOUR large head ones, and two UNDATED 2008's !!

So I still call BS on the 50/50 claim !
United Kingdom
32 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2014  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add allthe2ps to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
RED... I agree with your call on the smaller sized portrait on the 1992 20p. I've been building up a collection of all post '71 decimal coins in circulation and discovered they are very difficult to find. I got one a couple of weeks back.

Can you confirm though that you are still finding the undated 20p's in the wild because if so I'll be going back to the back to get a few bags of them from the bank. I'm assuming so because all of those on eBay for sale can't be people pulling them out of a drawer.

I completed by 50p collection this week... a Triathlon in some change and a Commonwealth 50p in a £10 bag from the bank this morning!

My £2 coin collection is far from complete.. I'm still short of 4 for the current style.
Page: of 37 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.29 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05