Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Uk~ Interesting Find From the Circulation In the Uk~

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
655 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2018  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tenbobbit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have not found anything interesting for a while just the standard 50p's.
Then I get this today, it has been a good few years since I got 1 of these in my change.

Jersey 1998 2 coin

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3442 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2018  07:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find tenbobbit
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA number: 3178122
NTCA number:10118
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
4426 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2018  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've just had my first 2017 5p in change!

So far I've had the following 2017 dated coins in change:
1p, 5p, 50p (shield), 50p (Newton), 50p (4 x Beatrix Potter) and 1.

No 2018 coins yet.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1543 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2018  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kurrency Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How are the alphabet coins circulating?

KK
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
4426 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2018  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How are the alphabet coins circulating?

I've heard of people finding them, but nobody I know personally has ever seen one in circulation. I live on the coast and there are lots of small seaside resorts near me where there are penny arcades with 'double falls' type machines that use 10p coins. I keep going in and staring at them and have never seen a single alphabet 10p among thousands of coins - and these coins should stand out as they have a distinctive obverse as well as different reverses!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15586 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2018  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
4426 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2018  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've just had my first 2018 British coin in change - a pound coin.

I had a good look in the 2p and 10p 'falls' machines at my local penny arcades today. I must have seen hundreds, if not thousands of each denomination. Not a single 2017 or 2018 coin of either denomination, and definitely no alphabet 10p's! The only moderately interesting coins were a couple of Channel Islands ones, but they weren't in playable positions!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
4426 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2018  05:41 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first alphabet 10p in change!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3442 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2018  07:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA number: 3178122
NTCA number:10118
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Learn More...
United States
65116 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
655 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tenbobbit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a couple of coins over the holiday period, fortunately 1 is worth more than face value as the other is worth less than face value.

A 2002 commonwealth games 2 - Scotland flag
A 2015 Fake 2 coin

The 2015 fake is pretty good as far as the Reverse goes but Liz is still a mushy mess, 11.94g

Learn More...
United States
65116 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just a couple of coins over the holiday period, fortunately 1 is worth more than face value as the other is worth less than face value.
Nice finds!
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05