Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Uk~ Interesting Find From The Circulation In The Uk~

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5184 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2019  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very pleased to get this yesterday. It's the first small-size Falklands 10p I've ever had in change! The Machin head looks a bit strange on a small-size 10p, as it was only ever seen on the large UK ones...
Learn More...
United States
73511 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2019  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very pleased to get this yesterday. It's the first small-size Falklands 10p I've ever had in change!
Nice find!
United Kingdom
29 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Collector28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My finds of note lately are a 2003 DNA £2, 2015 Britannia £2 and 2016 WW1 army £2.
Also got 2019 £1, 50p and 20p.

Still missing these special designs:
2015 Magna Carta £2
2015 Royal Navy £2 (4th portrait)
2016 Shakespeare Comedies £2
2016 Squirrel Nutkin 50p
2016 Mrs Tiggy-Winkle 50p
2018 Mrs Tittlemouse 50p
Also virtually every alphabet 10p, though I've fully accepted I'll never get them all from circulation.
Edited by Collector28
06/26/2019 06:43 am
Learn More...
United States
73511 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5184 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2019  05:47 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Collector28 - I also find the Squirrel Nutkin 50p very elusive, but I find the Mrs Tiggy-Winkle extremely common. I wonder if some coins were released in different parts of the country?

I cleared out all the 50p's in my local bank yesterday (they only had £90 worth), and these were the best finds:

My first-ever 2018 Mrs Tittlemouse, two 2017 Peter Rabbits, two 2011 Olympics (Volleyball and Sailing) and a 2017 Shield reverse.
United Kingdom
29 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2019  07:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Collector28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've heard theories that they were released in certain areas. Just realised I omitted Mrs Tittlemouse from the "haven't got" list.

I did manage to put together 5 complete sets of Olympic 50ps. Though I had a very good source for them. Have a few very nearly complete sets, too. Haven't seen a single one circulating for ages though. Probably a bit excessive but I just couldn't bring myself to part with any :p
United Kingdom
29 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2019  07:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Collector28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A lot of coin collecting from circulation is just being in the right place at the right time - a good few years ago I was in Tesco and the cashier opened a brand new bag of Charles Dickens £2 coins. Quickly got my dad to buy 5 from him (plus we got 2 more in change). I know they aren't especially rare, but the sight of 7 almost flawless coins of this design is really quite pleasing
Learn More...
United States
73511 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2019  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I cleared out all the 50p's in my local bank yesterday (they only had £90 worth), and these were the best finds:
Looking good!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5184 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At last - my first Sherlock Holmes 50p!
Learn More...
United States
73511 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At last - my first Sherlock Holmes 50p!
Excellent!
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05