Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Uk~ Interesting Find From The Circulation In The Uk~

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 37
United Kingdom
47 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Collector28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A cashier I conveniently befriended saved me these 50ps:
2019 Sherlock Holmes (another!)
2016 Beatrix Potter Portrait
2011 WWF

Waiting on the mintage figure for the Sherlock Holmes - I'm going to punt at 10 million at least, possibly 15 million or more.
Learn More...
United States
77458 Posts
United Kingdom
47 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2019  06:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Collector28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's nice when a cashier is willing to help you in your endeavours, certainly got more business from me (and friends I recommended go). Not yet got the coins I need though

Valued Member
United Kingdom
147 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2019  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrv to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My local shop had 2 old 50p in the till which they let me have at face value.

1973 50p in great condition
1992 50p Britainnia apparently none were issued for circulation - only minted for78,421 for sets.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5620 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2019  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great haul, mrv - yes, no Britannia 50p's were issued for circulation from 1986 to 1996 inclusive - they were all only issued in sets.
Learn More...
United States
77458 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
683 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2019  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tenbobbit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have finally received an Alphabet 10p in my change

I now have the T and I.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
218 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2019  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In fact you could say you've got "IT"!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5620 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2019  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well done, tenbobbit! I haven't had an 'I' one yet!
Learn More...
United States
77458 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2019  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have finally received an Alphabet 10p in my change
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5620 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2019  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got some 2, 50p and 10p coins from the bank today and found two interesting items that look like errors.

This 2001 2 coin has an unusual raised cud on the reverse. Bizarrely, part of it has the rim dots on it! Here's an enlargement of the reverse:

This 10p looks like a grease-filled die to me. The obverse is very weakly struck and the date is indistinct. It must be from 2011 - 2015 as it's magnetic.
Learn More...
United States
77458 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2019  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I got some 2, 50p and 10p coins from the bank today and found two interesting items that look like errors.
Nice finds!
United Kingdom
47 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  06:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Collector28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got my hands on a 2019 Paddington at the Tower Of London 50p. The dad of one of my best mates got a full bag of them at the post office and my mate asked for one for me, and put it along with a few other 50ps as a bit of a present for me. The other really good catch in the assortment was another Mrs Tiggy-Winkle - although not really rare I'm kind of hoping to be able to complete a second set of circulating 50ps (I'm very close, but sadly I can't see another Kew Gardens coming my way).

It's annoying that they have made loads of NIFC 50ps and 2s of late - I'd love to have all the designs but there are so many and the costs soon rack up. The alphabet 10ps are a complete rip off - 52 for a set of 26 10p coins is just an absolute joke imo. Collecting used to be more about the thrill of the hunt and ticking another design off your list, now The Royal Mint just seems determined to bleed every penny they can out of people. Making a 2019 set of 10ps and not even bothering to change the designs is just proof of the insatiable desire to make the most money from the least effort over the desire to encourage collectors. The trouble with the 10ps is that if you want to have them all, you're virtually forced to buy them because they released such a pitiful number that your chance of getting them all from circulation is so close to 0 they might as well have not released them at all.
Edited by Collector28
09/17/2019 06:50 am
Learn More...
United States
77458 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Got my hands on a 2019 Paddington at the Tower Of London 50p.
Very nice!
Valued Member
Germany
433 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  02:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Collector28:
I completely agree with your statement regarding the A-Z 10p coins. The whole thing is just a ploy to milk collectors...
Page: of 37 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05