Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Latest Banknotes Acquisition. List Them Here.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,577 / Views: 112,526Next Topic
Page: of 106
Learn More...
United States
86236 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2020  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Picked up a nice pair of Bank of England 1 notes (1970) with consecutive serial numbers.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
676 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2020  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cheers jbuck
Valued Member
United States
449 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2020  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dave L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Had one, but this one was a little nicer, and the second signature variety. Plus, it was too cheap to pass up. French West Africa 5 Francs 1942.

- Dave L
IBNS #9984
http://www.banknoteden.com
Valued Member
United States
449 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2020  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dave L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Consecutive pair of 1 notes, ScotsGreyhound!
- Dave L
IBNS #9984
Pillar of the Community
United States
1022 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2020  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An outstanding example Dave!
Learn More...
United States
86236 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
881 Posts
Learn More...
United States
86236 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's a pretty common one from Portugal (P167b):
In better shape than his friend.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
881 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
In better shape than his friend.

- thanks again "jbuck"

Here's my last Portuguese acquisition P178b (picked up recently):

- like the street scenes on the reverse.
Learn More...
United States
86236 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's my last Portuguese acquisition P178b (picked up recently):
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1796 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's been a long time since my last CCF posting and thought I would share my recent Heritage Auction winning here, three 4 subject uncut sheets of 10,000 Dinars from Iraq ~ series 2002 (Pick 89).

One of the sheets had a double overprint error on the right side resulting in two different serial numbers.

I picked these up to go with my 2 mismatched serial numbers error notes.

I search eBay's global sites for currency errors and have picked up some nice errors that I will be posting in individual threads so as not to overwhelm anyone, if you would like me to include some here I would be more than happy to do so.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1796 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

From three different Philippines eBay sellers I was able to purchase four Inverted overprint errors, two from sheet #3759 and two from sheet #3760 (consecutive sheets), after purchasing these I thought a uncut sheet showing what the notes looked like had they not been errors would be a great addition so I searched for uncut sheets & couldn't believe how difficult they are to come bye.

In my years of searching for foreign currency errors these were the first Inverted Overprints I've seen for the Philippines, and to have them listed from multiple sellers at the same time, I didn't hesitate in purchasing them with the BIN option.

I found another seller that has a 3rd example from sheet #3760 that wants more for his note than what I paid for the uncut sheet + 4 Inverted errors pictured here combined.

Valued Member
United States
449 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dave L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Walk2dwater - I like those Portugal notes, especially the scene on the back of the 100 Escudos

Broken-Coin - Wow! What a haul! So many notes, so many errors! Impressive set.
- Dave L
IBNS #9984
Learn More...
United States
86236 Posts
Valued Member
United States
449 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dave L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Latest addition to my Musical Notes collection. Soghoman Soghomian aka Komitas memorialized on the Armenian 10,000 Dram

This is the second musical note from Armenia in my collection. I've really been liking the music of his I've discovered from this. Rather peaceful.
http://banknoteden.com/Musical%20No...Armenia.html
- Dave L
IBNS #9984
Page: of 106 Previous TopicReplies: 1,577 / Views: 112,526Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.04 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05