Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Latest Banknotes Acquisition. List Them Here.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 2,038 / Views: 138,272Next Topic
Page: of 136
Valued Member
Germany
102 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2021  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Caietan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@walk2dwater

Quote:
Very nice. It's a 'biggy' eh?

Thank you! Yes indeed, quite a biggy

@jbuck
Thank you!

This nice fiver from Luxembourg came too. (I was missing the one with serial# prefix letter.)

Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2021  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This nice fiver from Luxembourg came too.
Beautiful!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1264 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2021  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thank you! ...
This nice fiver from Luxembourg came too. (I was missing the one with serial# prefix letter.)

- your welcome & its always nice to complete a set. That note has loads of eye-appeal (great colour). Nice to score a note from a small nation as you know the # are limited.

I think that's what drew me to this P-38 Isle of Man Bradvek One Pound note. The low # (only 3 prefixes) & the fact that it's an early polymer trial from a small island 'dependency:

Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1339 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2021  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A couple new notes

Cameroon 500 francs

Algeria 100 dinars

Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1264 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2021  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
really nice adds from 2 French African nations 'owatchman'

Here's a 500 Escudos (P-180) from Portugal:

Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2021  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's a 500 Escudos (P-180) from Portugal:
A beautiful note. I like the back.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1264 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
-thanks 'jbuck' (yeah, some of the Portuguese notes have great designs).

Here's P-36, a 1986 $2.00, from Barbados:

Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's P-36, a 1986 $2.00, from Barbados:
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1339 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice adds, everyone.
Here's a couple recent purchases,

Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8338 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  06:58 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have never actually 'owned' one of these before, but thought I'd better get one for face value from the bank before the new Alan Turing polymer version comes out:

Bank of England 50 note, signed by Chris Salmon, dated 2010. Of significance to coin collectors as the reverse shows Matthew Boulton and James Watt in front of their 'Manufactory' where they produced the famous 1797 Cartwheel Pennies and Twopences!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3287 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up a few Portuguese notes, I'll do the 20 escudos today.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8338 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  08:48 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice notes, hfjacinto!

I remember an occasion in Portugal in 1984 when I needed a 5-escudo stamp to make up the correct rate for a letter to the UK. I went to the post office and handed over a 25-escudo coin, and got a 20-escudo note like your lower specimen in change! It's the only time I can actually remember paying with a coin and getting a banknote in change.
Page: of 136 Replies: 2,038 / Views: 138,272Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05