Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Latest Banknotes Acquisition. List Them Here.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,073 / Views: 140,514Next Topic
Page: of 139
Learn More...
United States
99412 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have never actually 'owned' one of these before, but thought I'd better get one for face value from the bank before the new Alan Turing polymer version comes out:
Well done.

Quote:
Picked up a few Portuguese notes, I'll do the 20 escudos today.
Looking good!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1296 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pick up 'NumisRob' (always fun to get a note for FV) and it looks to be in great shape.

Nice examples from Portugal 'hfjacinto' (those are the first 3 examples I picked up from Portugal late last year).

Got this 5 Rand (P-119d) from South Africa recently:

Learn More...
United States
99412 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Got this 5 Rand (P-119d) from South Africa recently:
Outstanding!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3397 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Continuing with my Portuguese notes.

My mom is in Portugal, I asked her to check to see if can find a few more.
Learn More...
United States
99412 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Continuing with my Portuguese notes.
Fantastic!

Quote:
My mom is in Portugal, I asked her to check to see if can find a few more.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3397 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today is 100 escudos. Coolest part about these notes is that my wife purchased them and that I used these when I was a kid. Sadly they got replaced with the Euro which is about as boring as currency can be.

The notes below are my favorite of Portuguese currency.

Learn More...
United States
99412 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Today is 100 escudos. Coolest part about these notes is that my wife purchased them and that I used these when I was a kid.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3397 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all, I only have 1 more to show.
Learn More...
United States
99412 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1296 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Coolest part about these notes is that my wife purchased them and that I used these when I was a kid. Sadly they got replaced with the Euro which is about as boring as currency can be.

Your wife sounds like a 'keeper' to me

Every time I visit Europe I fall in love with the countries (the cycling, the parks, the old buildings & esp the beer!)

I really like all European banknotes, even the lowly Euro which has been kicked around the block by a lot of currency collectors (on this & other forums). But I never buy notes while there as they're typically priced in Euros and I rather keep them & use them on all the fun things we can do. Other funny thing is, one of the toughest banknotes to find is the 20 issued from Portugal, with the Duisenberg signature but printed in England (@ TDLR) seen in this post. His signature was only on the Euro for a brief year (& I tried to buy one since my first 2003 trip). (Took me about 3-4 years to get that 20)
http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...IC_ID=390766
but I hear you & hope to get some more pre-Euro cool designs from Malta, Cyprus, Spain, France & Portugal (to name a few).
Pillar of the Community
United States
3397 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So other than eBay or coin shows where can one buy foreign notes? Any good websites?
Valued Member
Germany
105 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Caietan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So other than eBay or coin shows where can one buy foreign notes? Any good websites?

www.delcampe.net

A little complicated to use but definitely worth a look.
Valued Member
Germany
105 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Caietan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I finally got this 2000 Pesos note, series A from Uruguay

Pillar of the Community
United States
3397 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the recommendation.

This is the last note we picked up.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3397 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Allens of Ohio had a few Portugal notes that I didn't have and the prices were better than ebay so I picked up a few more. My wife ACTUALLY told me to buy them and like a good husband I didn't question her :)
Page: of 139 Previous TopicReplies: 2,073 / Views: 140,514Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05