Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Latest Banknotes Acquisition. List Them Here.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,122 / Views: 143,737Next Topic
Page: of 142
Pillar of the Community
United States
3498 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today's note is the last of the Portuguese Currency, I actually used these back in the day. I've been looking for stuff I'm missing, but other than ebay I'm not seeing much. I'm going to a coin show this Sunday, hoping they have a few.

Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1318 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  11:53 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Today's note is the last of the Portuguese Currency, I actually used these back in the day

- Nice one! And a bit pricey on in UNC.

This one, I recall using, was a $10 which I seldom saw 'back in the day' while teaching in Jamaica (1995-96). Most low denominations were typically well worn & limp (so never saved any). I only saw large denominations in good condition & I was just too poor to keep them

Anyway, here is P-71d, issued in 1991. The last of these were printed in 1994 & then coins took their place while I was there:

Edited by walk2dwater
04/27/2021 11:55 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3498 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That $10 is very nice.
Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I only saw large denominations in good condition & I was just too poor to keep them

Quote:
Anyway, here is P-71d, issued in 1991. The last of these were printed in 1994 & then coins took their place while I was there:
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8716 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  11:46 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just got this 1988 50 livres from Lebanon, showing the Roman Temple of Bacchus at Baalbek:

Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  2:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just got this 1988 50 livres from Lebanon, showing the Roman Temple of Bacchus at Baalbek:
Excellent!
Valued Member
Germany
121 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Caietan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Uruguay, one of my favourite countries. Two sets finally completed.
P-92a and P-99a

Pillar of the Community
United States
3498 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Continuing with the notes from Portugal. Today you get the 50 escudos, on the back, this note celebrates Coimbra, which is one of the most romantic cities in the world. With one of the worlds oldest universities and a walled section with ruins going back to Roman times.

The note:

Coimbra the city:

Bedrock of the Community
United States
11025 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't visited this thread in a while. There are some very nice new additions.

United States
31 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add currencyden to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Uruguay reverse note you show is P92a - both images. P99a added a see-through feature at the top right on reverse. You probably posted the same note twice by accident.
BTW - Anyone know how to reply to a specific post?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1318 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  08:06 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
this note celebrates Coimbra, which is one of the most romantic cities in the world

- great photos of a beautiful city'hfjacinto.' They reminded me a little of Tallin, Estonia (which has an old walled off -old city square & Roman ruins beneath). Nice crisp nearly 50 Y.O. Escudos note too.

Quote:
BTW - Anyone know how to reply to a specific post?

-I just quote the last line (or significant phrase) of a post using the quote function. You can also get links to a specific reply. You may want to skim the tutorial which is very helpful if you want to navigate the site smoothly:
http://goccf.com/t/398761#3414338

Here's one (P-79a) 500 Pesos I picked up from Mexico:

Edited by walk2dwater
05/10/2021 08:12 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3498 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks @walk2water!

Very nice note from Mexico.

Today's note is a more recent 1000 Escudos, although no longer legal tender these are still exchangeable for Euros at any bank in Portugal. This was the last release prior to Euros, they are smaller and honestly more boring with less design elements compared to the prior notes (copied the Euro design element). At the time of the change over, this note was worth $5 Euros.

Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2116 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  01:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arianzo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Argentina 1869 - 4 Reales Bolivianos P-S1781r

Page: of 142 Previous TopicReplies: 2,122 / Views: 143,737Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05