Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Latest Banknotes Acquisition. List Them Here.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,200 / Views: 148,772Next Topic
Page: of 147
Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Argentina 1869 - 4 Reales Bolivianos P-S1781r
Excellent!
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2021  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add currencyden to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Produced the year I was born.

Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1377 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spain 100 pesetas

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2116 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arianzo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
***currencyden Posted - 05/12/2021 : 12:13 pm
Produced the year I was born.*****

I don't see the year anywhere
Edited by arianzo
05/16/2021 12:08 am
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add currencyden to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't see the year anywhere

Correct, though it was made in 1951 & 1952. Yeah, I know, I'm err seasoned or maybe experienced? What do you think? Which one makes me sound better?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3650 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I currently have 5 notes that I purchased traveling throughout the US. All are "In Transit". Sadly none are here.

But in a case of serendipity, I get an email from a member on another forum regarding Notes from the Portuguese colonies,

https://www.amazon.com/dp/191266760..._typ_imgToDp

In the mean time I had picked up a few notes from Moçambique, from my limited research, these were notes from "Banco Nacional Ultramarino" and were overprinted with Banco De Moçambique. These were on par with the Portuguese Escudo until 1977 (which Moçambique was given independence).

Each note cost $2 and came in a pack of 3 or 4 (in sequential serial number), I picked one of each note for my daughters boyfriend (got get them hooked early). Today you get the 500 Escudos.

I do need a favor, these don't fit in any of my holders does anyone have a link to large *(taller) holder?

Edited by hfjacinto
05/16/2021 6:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1355 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  08:01 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
does anyone have a link to large *(taller) holder?

I haven't used them but would try Wizard Coin Supply as I've heard they're good. Measure your note (likely large or 5" X 8" European). If you're not too sure, perhaps contact them. They have a large selection & I'm sure they'd be happy to point you to the right product.

https://www.wizardcoinsupply.com/pr...ncy-sleeves/
Pillar of the Community
United States
3650 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  08:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Walk2Water! I ordered the GuardHouse European rigid sleeves.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3650 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Continuing with notes from Moçambique that were printed in Portugal, the 1000 escudos.

Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3650 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last of the currency and probably my favorite of the Moçambique sets I picked up. This is 50 escudos. I have 6 notes from Portugal lost in transit, so if I ever get them I'll post them.

Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1355 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  10:36 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have 6 notes from Portugal lost in transit, so if I ever get them I'll post them.

- I'm sure they'll arrive. I have had packages take 9 - 11 weeks in transit this past year. Postage improved in late 2020 but has then slowed down again due to the 3rd wave of the pandemic in Canada (& some of the countries of postal origin).

Here's a couple 'low hanging fruit' pick-ups from the African continent , namely a 5 & 10 Shilling (P-14 & P-16) from Kenya:

Pillar of the Community
United States
3650 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
walk2water, impressive notes. I went back and looked at some of your posts, very nice!
Page: of 147 Previous TopicReplies: 2,200 / Views: 148,772Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05