Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Latest Banknotes Acquisition. List Them Here.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 2,188 / Views: 147,666Next Topic
Page: of 146
Learn More...
United States
101824 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1345 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
really eye-grabbing, large formatted note "hfjacinto."

Now to the other extreme, here is my wee little South African One Rand (P-115b) which I must post (before I forget):

Pillar of the Community
United States
3634 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love the reverse landscape scene!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3634 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First the stamped letter:

The note:
1955(4)
signatures: Carlos de Barros Soares Branco & Fernando Emygdio da Silva

From a print of 16,129,800

Obverse is António Maria de Fontes Pereira de Melo who was a Portuguese statesman and engineer. He was a leading parliamentarian and political figure of his time. Among other posts held, he was six times Minister of Finance and Minister of Public Works.

Born: September 8, 1819, Lisbon, Portugal
Died: January 22, 1887, Lisbon, Portugal

The obverse contains ""O Pensador" - the Statue "The Thinker" made by Leopoldo de Almeida

The statue is currently located in Museu do Jose Malhoa in Caldas Da Rainha, Portugal. Considering that Caldas is the nearest city to my moms and I've been at the park the museum is in, I should have known that, but its scheduled for next time we go to Portugal.

The note:

And Caldas

Caldas is famous for 3 things, a statue (usually of football (soccer) players, monks and priests) that you a pull a string and a male part that you can't post on a family friendly pops out (sadly no picture), cavacas which are sugar covered crunchy dough balls that will give you diabetes after having 2 (I'm actually not a fan), the below is the place to get them.

The actual museum the statue is housed in.

The 3rd thing are the hot springs (Caldas Da Rainha translated means The Queen's Hot Springs), below is a spa you can bathe in hot mineral water.

This is the farmers market.

And a random fountain
Learn More...
United States
101824 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great additions! I always love the additional information and place photos for context.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1345 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2021  08:52 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with 'jbuck' about the additional pictures: they really give nice contextual background for so many of your posts 'hfjacinto.' I was eyeballing P-160 myself but have yet to 'pull the trigger.' Another great (classic) Portuguese note.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22325 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2021  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some really great looking Portuguese notes!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17842 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2021  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1988 Canada
1000 dollars.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
11104 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2021  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1988 Canada
1000 dollars.

Wow, there's one you don't see every day! Is that the natural color of the note or were you playing with lighthing to get that hologram to show?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3634 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2021  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The color is off on the 1000 cad. Still a cool note.
Learn More...
United States
101824 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17842 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2021  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The color is off on the 1000 cad

Pillar of the Community
United States
3634 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2021  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok now that $1000 CAD is COOL!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3634 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Everything on my list, is not available in the US, I may have to wait till I get to Portugal to pick up a few of the missing notes.

And while I wait, and although I had one of these already, I really like this note. When the chance came to get in AU, I didn't say no.

172a(4)
signatures: António Manuel Pinto Barbosa & Fernando Emygdio da Silva

The reverse of this note features the Banco Do Portugal or the Bank Of Portugal, which is now the Money Museum of Lisbon. And while I don't have pictures of the Bank, I do have pictures of the Praça Do Comercio (Plaza of Commerce) where the bank is located.

Edited by hfjacinto
06/30/2021 5:41 pm
Learn More...
United States
101824 Posts
Page: of 146 Replies: 2,188 / Views: 147,666Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.74 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05