Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Latest Banknotes Acquisition. List Them Here.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,298 / Views: 156,448Next Topic
Page: of 154
Learn More...
United States
105084 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1432 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But they are both difficult ''gets'' even in circulated condition, not to mention unc.

-thanks for sharing 'redlock.' I'm always interested in tough variants & it is often hard to know which series are the tough ones to get. I can imagine this being especially tough (sourcing tough notes) from a nation like Sweden which seems to be on a fast & furious crash-course towards becoming cashless.
Valued Member
Netherlands
56 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lighthouse250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Apart from all the PickMatchesGrade frenzy, let's not forget my core business. The 95th entry for Spitsbergen in my database. Don't all of you start collecting Spitsbergen now please. My collection is one of the best in the world and I wanna keep it that way thankx :)

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Sweden
823 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add erafjel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Lighthouse250: Completely unknown area to me, interesting! A quick googling and I see there are lots of different notes of this kind. I believe you when you say you have one of the best collections in the world, with 95 entries, impressive. (But no, I will not take up the competition and start collecting. )

@redlock (& @walk2dwater): Nice to see some Swedish banknotes. I rarely see them in real life (although I am sure I have some somewhere that I pulled from an ATM several years ago - can't even remember when I used cash the last time ...)
Learn More...
United States
105084 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1432 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  07:50 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The 95th entry for Spitsbergen in my database. Don't all of you start collecting Spitsbergen now please. My collection is one of the best in the world and I wanna keep it that way thankx :)

Nice 95th note! Congrats on your one of a kind Spitsbergen collection too.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3043 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  08:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Meanwhile some more cheap Fijian treasure came my way. A trade me seller had these on at $30

He brought them years ago off a Fijian woman and wanted to cash them in, only to find they were demonitised, hence where I came in. $30 for $72 of Fijian notes (FV about $47).

Mainly as I did not have a $50 note yet and this is the first one (1996), the $20 and $2 are both upgrades on the ones I have, so no complaints there. The $2 is also the later type. These are series C notes used between 1993 and 2007. The $50 was the first time it was issued and the highest face value then.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3043 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Close up of the $50, really happy as it's the first $50 Fijian note I have ever owned.

I love the red colour and they made it stand out. My guess is to the locals especially $50 was a good amount of money. Condition is VF or close to it.

In 1996 the Fijian dollar was much stronger, worth around $65 of our $ then, now $50 Fijian is just $35.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Learn More...
United States
105084 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Meanwhile some more cheap Fijian treasure came my way. A trade me seller had these on at $30
Fantastic!

Survivor 41 just started airing in the US. Getting a weekly Fiji fix on the TV. Banknotes on CCF are a nice compliment.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Germany
692 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Princetane:
Nice additions to your collection of Fijian notes

Quote:
by walk2dwater
I'm always interested in tough variants & it is often hard to know which series are the tough ones to get.

There is one more note of the new Swedish banknote series that is very rare.
It's the 500kr note from the B0 subseries. It is believed to be even rarer than the 100kr from the B0 subseries. I hope that I will be able to add such a note to my small collection, whether it's a circulated or an uncirculated note.
Of course, I continue to hunt for the DO 20kr and BO 100kr notes in unc.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1432 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

-Looks like you got a bargain "Moneytane" Congrats!

Quote:
There is one more note of the new Swedish banknote series that is very rare.
It's the 500kr note from the B0 subseries. It is believed to be even rarer than the 100kr from the B0 subseries. I hope that I will be able to add such a note to my small collection, whether it's a circulated or an uncirculated note.
Of course, I continue to hunt for the DO 20kr and BO 100kr notes in unc.

Interesting & thanks again for sharing "redlock."

For me, I'm prone to focus on smaller denominations as they're printed in higher quantities & normally are exposed to circulation far more than the higher denominations (which are printed in far lower quantities). I Like to think of what is rare/tough relative to #'s produced, typical exposure to circulation & demand (I don't know anyone, personally, who wants to hold onto a $1000 note, just b/c fewer were made though obviously some collectors do, no matter what the prefix/series or scarcity). To each his own.

Here's GB's last 10 Shilling note (2nd signature) which I have wanted to acquire since "ScotsGreyHound" posted one a few years ago:

Learn More...
United States
105084 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's GB's last 10 Shilling note (2nd signature) which I have wanted to acquire since "ScotsGreyHound" posted one a few years ago:
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1432 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2021  08:24 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
-Thanks 'jbuck'

Here's 2 One Colon notes from El Salvador & different eras. One a much larger, intricately designed 1 Colon from 1947 & the other a smaller more blandly designed Colon note from 1974. Each have different Christopher Columbus designs on the reverse.

P-83:

P-115a:

Edited by walk2dwater
10/03/2021 08:28 am
Learn More...
United States
105084 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's 2 One Colon notes from El Salvador & different eras.
Nice pair!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9363 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  08:16 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Addition from my recent visit to Spain - my first Christine Lagarde note (5 euros):
Edited by NumisRob
10/19/2021 08:17 am
Page: of 154 Previous TopicReplies: 2,298 / Views: 156,448Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05