Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Latest Banknotes Acquisition. List Them Here.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,799 / Views: 203,875Next Topic
Page: of 187
Learn More...
United States
118654 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Another thrift store pick up from Cambodia 100 Riels - 1956-1974
Excellent!
Valued Member
Netherlands
147 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lighthouse250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This week I received a bunch of used Zimbabwe 10,000 Dollar notes from 2008. had them on the cheap, apparently nobody seems to know there's a curious thing with these notes. They are error notes. In fact, there are ONLY error notes of these. They were printed on paper that was meant to be used for the 1,000 Dollar notes, as can be seen in the watermark and electrotype. Not rare, since all of the notes have the same error. Still interesting (and tough in UNC). 

Learn More...
United States
118654 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1826 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2022  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a 10 Pound banknote from the Republic of Ireland featuring novelist/poet James Joyce on the front designed by Robert Ballagh. It is from the C Series & the last 10 Pound before the Euro. The reverse shows an overview of Dublin, one of the heads from the Customs House, with the River Liffey bisecting the city map. There is also a short passage from Joyce's "Finnegan's Wake."

This P-76b note featured many new security features & pays homage to the preceding series with the Harp motifs.

For more info on James Joyce, see this Wikipedia entry:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Joyce
Edited by walk2dwater
10/09/2022 12:19 pm
Learn More...
United States
118654 Posts
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
526 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2022  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@walk2dwater

Quote:
Here is a 10 Pound banknote from the Republic of Ireland featuring novelist/poet James Joyce on the front designed by Robert Ballagh. It is from the C Series & the last 10 Pound before the Euro. The reverse shows an overview of Dublin, one of the heads from the Customs House, with the River Liffey bisecting the city map. There is also a short passage from Joyce's "Finnegan's Wake."

I like that Irish note. Very nice.

@Lighthouse250

Quote:
This week I received a bunch of used Zimbabwe 10,000 Dollar notes from 2008. had them on the cheap, apparently nobody seems to know there's a curious thing with these notes. They are error notes. In fact, there are ONLY error notes of these. They were printed on paper that was meant to be used for the 1,000 Dollar notes, as can be seen in the watermark and electrotype. Not rare, since all of the notes have the same error. Still interesting (and tough in UNC).

I'll be on the lookout for one of those in aUNC.

There seems so much interest in Zimbabwe Trillions of dollar banknotes, I thought it might be nice to have some older notes from the first dollar series 1980 - 2006

Zimbabwe UNC $2 note from 1983

Obverse
Chiremba Balancing Rocks in Matopos National Park, and Water Buffalo
Reverse
Tigerfish, and Kariba Dam on Zambezi River

....and also from 1983

Zimbabwe 1983 - $5 Dollar aUNC
Obverse
Chiremba Balancing Rocks in Matopos National Park, and Zebra
Reverse
Two women pounding grain near huts
Edited by Bas S Warwick
10/12/2022 4:05 pm
Learn More...
United States
118654 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2557 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2022  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice notes. You could make an entire date series - from one year to the next- showing progressively higher denominations.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
526 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2022  01:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice notes. You could make an entire date series - from one year to the next- showing progressively higher denominations.

Interesting idea thanks

.....and here's another - Zimbabwe 1997 - $10

Obverse
Chiremba Balancing Rocks in Matopos National Park
Reverse
Chilojo Cliffs in Gonarezhou National Park

Learn More...
United States
118654 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2022  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
and here's another - Zimbabwe 1997 - $10
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5482 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2022  09:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My latest, I won this in a contest. My only Fiji note.

It has great color.

Learn More...
United States
118654 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2022  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My latest, I won this in a contest. My only Fiji note.
Outstanding!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1826 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2022  07:53 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My latest, I won this in a contest.

Me too! And we didn't even really win as it was a consolation prize. How cool is that?! (One of the reasons I encourage all collectors to stay involved in as many forums as they can)

And I am big Fiji fan so this note (#AU0817249) will fit very nicely with my other notes from this south Pacific nation.

Quote:
and here's another - Zimbabwe 1997 - $10

-Your lower denomination notes have so much more colour & is much more appealing to me then the hyperinflation 'ca-gillion' hyperinflation notes that everybody on social media seem to be scrambling for lately Bas S Warwick.

Nice adds!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
526 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2022  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My son gave me this one

Hong Kong 2003 - $20
The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.

Obverse.
HSBC lion "Stitt" which first became an icon on HSBC's banknotes in 1972. "Stitt" and the other HSBC lion sculpture, "Stephen", have been guarding the HSBC Hong Kong headquarters since 1935, and are named after Alexander Stephen and Gordon Stitt, senior bank managers in Hong Kong and Shanghai during the 1920s.

Reverse
The Peak Tram - a funicular railway in Hong Kong, which carries both tourists and residents to the upper levels of Hong Kong Island.

I bought a 1960's postcard of the Peak Tram a few years ago. (shown below)
Pillar of the Community
United States
5482 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2022  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The $10 prehyper inflation note was WOW! So much better than the hyper inflation ones.
Page: of 187 Previous TopicReplies: 2,799 / Views: 203,875Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.6 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: