Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Latest Banknotes Acquisition. List Them Here.

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 73
Valued Member
United Kingdom
339 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2019  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CitationSquirrel
Beautiful banknote erafjel
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10012 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2019  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
France, 5000 francs, 1958.

Wow, what a gorgeous note!
Valued Member
Sweden
96 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2019  04:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add erafjel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, CitationSquirrel, ScotsGreyhound, jbuck, and CelticKnot for your kind comments!

I primarily collect French coins, not banknotes, but there are a few notes from the first part of the 20th century that I find particularly attractive and this is one of them. I have had my eyes on this one for a while, and finally got around to acquire it. There are a few others I'm glancing at too, so eventually they may show up here...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
541 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2019  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...but there are a few notes from the first part of the 20th century that I find particularly attractive and....finally got around to acquire it. There are a few others I'm glancing at too, so eventually they may show up here...

-that's what happened to me (but I'm not complaining).
Here's one from Portugal Guinea:
Valued Member
United Kingdom
339 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2019  06:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice note walk2dwater

100 & 1000 Pengo, Hungary (1945)

Pillar of the Community
Canada
541 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2019  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks "Scotts" & nice war-time Hungarian Pengos.
Here's another P45 100 Escudos from Portuguese Guinea:

Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
Valued Member
United Kingdom
339 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lebanon 1000 livres (1988) & Bangladesh 60 taka commemorative note (2012)

Bangladesh have been quite prolific in issuing Commemorative notes in recent years for some reason, their paper is not the best quality either.
Numerous controversies have arisen in recent years too, with cyber thieves stealing up to $100m through hacking Bangladesh Bank, printer failures & some regular issue notes having wrong spellings.
Also the wrong number in watermarks suggesting that 'old paper' was re-used. Fairly lax security

Valued Member
United Kingdom
339 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ETA - if you look at the watermark area on the 60 taka note, you can clearly see a '50' instead of 60!
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Lebanon 1000 livres (1988) & Bangladesh 60 taka commemorative note (2012)
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
541 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
- if you look at the watermark area on the 60 taka note, you can clearly see a '50' instead of 60
- yes, I can see it! Thanks for pointing that out "Scots"

Quote:
Bangladesh have been quite prolific in issuing Commemorative notes in recent years..Numerous controversies have arisen in recent years too.., printer failures & some regular issue notes having wrong spellings.

- I read similar grumblings over the latest Philippine banknotes while there this past February (from a local paper on their recall of the limited 1998 Commemorative 100,000 & 2000 P Commemorative notes). The tone of the article was that the gov't's desire to recall these expensive commemorative notes was like a "scam." Very odd read which suggested the move was strictly political (didn't like the design/celebration of the commemorative note). Anyway- it made me want to pick up one so I got this 2011 200 P note (P214 celebrating 400th anniversary of pontifical & Royal University of St Tomas).

BTW: one of the things the newspaper writer was most upset about was the "inaccurate" map of the Philippines on the back of the latest 2010 series + the fact the govt announced they'd switch to polymer about 5 years ago (& it still hasn't happened).
Edited by walk2dwater
09/11/2019 6:19 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
339 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  02:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great info walk2dwater

Pillar of the Community
Canada
541 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2019  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the series in question (map considered inaccurate but spokesperson for BPI stated it was an artistic representation only):

Edited by walk2dwater
09/13/2019 6:09 pm
Valued Member
United States
367 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dave L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Macedonia 200 Denari showing a clay tablet showing Caleb and Joshua who helped Moses in their wanderings and eventual entry into the Promised Land.
Text from the Macedonian National Bank: "This scene depicting images of the soldiers-heroes Joshua and Caleb, illustrates an episode from the Old Testament (The Book of Joshua), showing the moment when he stops the Sun over Gibeon and the moon over the valley of Aijalon, before the great victory of the Israelites over the Amorites (The Book of Joshua 10:12,13)."
The reverse shows an "art element of the front facade of the Šarena (Aladža) Džamija in Tetovo, one of the most attractive monuments of architecture and art from the Ottoman period in the Republic of North Macedonia. It is believed that the mosque is built in the 15th century."

- Dave L
IBNS #9984
http://www.banknoteden.com
Page: of 73 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05